Enumlist reference not showing labels, but key instead

Hi,

I would like to be able to select select multiple colleagues from another table. I know I should use enumlist, with base type ref, select the colleague table and set valid if to colleague[id].

I'm able to select the references but this list from which I can choose from shows the id's instead of the label which states the first and last name of the colleagues. If I change valid if to colleague[id], this list shows yellow triangles behind it.

Is there a way to show the names of the referenced colleagues instead of the id's without the yellow triangles?

Closest thing i've found is this, but I don't see the answer I was looking for:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Ref-literal-vs-label-value-in-chart-legend/m-p/...

Thank you! 🙂

1 5 127
5 REPLIES 5

Super weird.. I actually tried again doing exactly the same thing and now the labels are showing instead of the id's... I think this was some kind of bug.

I am seeing the exact same issue. 

I use EnumList to allow users to select a list of Ref. At first, the refs are displayed with it's label. However, once the data is saved and the UI references the data, the refs are using the Key value instead of Label. The issue persists when editing the corrupt data, and a yellow triangle is displayed next to each items.

It sounds like your reference table selected and the list in the valid_If don't match. Meaning they are reading values from different tables. Could that be the reason?

You are correct. It seems the valid_if MUST return a list of keys to behave correctly. 

It would be nice that this would be enforced if there is no valid usecase for valid_if to be using non-key values. The behavior was rather funky (hard to describe but the data field used in the valid_if was used as the selection item label) when non-keys were used in my case.

Sometimes you want to have the reference from one table but reading list from another table where the values are the same (part of).  

Top Labels in this Space