Enumlist with new line separator

I have an EnumList field where users can choose one or more items to be marked as “Safe”. However, after choosing the items, they show up as comma separated values:
3X_d_c_dc92d3aacf0887dcb1b8a7e813b24a6f7bac4ab2.png

My client has requested that they are listed with each item on a new line. It doesn’t matter how the data looks in the google sheet, but just needs to be more user friendly in the app.

I have a workaround (changing input mode to stack), but it’s not ideal. Is this possible?

0 7 1,574
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’ve already looked through those posts. If I understood correctly, they are all about replacing values for an email or PDF report. I want the actual field to be selectable and ALSO be new line delimited.

The substitute method appears to need another field. But if I do that, it’s no longer an enumlist…?

My workaround is to use Buttons instead of a dropdown, but I really need a solution because this impacts another field.

The [Unsafe] field is dynamic (it is All Items - [Safe]). I created a LongText column to get a new line delimited list, but as you can see in the image below, it is not dynamic. This value needs to change as items are added/removed from [Safe].

Is there another option?

Hi
This is a sample app originally made by Levent. Shows ways to split on new line.

Lynn,
The application is giving an error. I can look under the hood but cannot view it in action to see if it’s relevant.

It appears you are splitting a field on a new line. My data is comma delimited, but I need it to show up within the form as new line delimited.

I regard to the app that Lynn shared, you can copy it.  Then, you will be able to play with it freely.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 00.34.12.png

Uk
Silver 1
Silver 1

Hello you may  try this one in Virtual Column

substitute(
[data]," , ",
"
"
)

A tip I posted recently is related to this, though my example is probably much more complicated than what you need to do.  I've shared a sample app that you can copy and play with freely:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Using-list-expressions-to-parse-a-small-set-of-d...

Top Labels in this Space