Enumlist

Hi, 

I am wanting to create an enum list to create a list of users. 

Is it possible to reference another table's values of users instead of manually typing in all users or is there a way of making an enum list based on reference values?

Solved Solved
1 14 423
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can still reference using an enumlist 🙂

When you choose the column type as Enumlist, it will ask what the Base Type is.  Choose Ref as the Base Type and then it will ask which table the Ref is from.  So it's possible to have a list of refs.  Indeed it's a VERY useful feature 😃

View solution in original post

Yes, your expression is wrong. Notice Scott's suggestion.

Table[Column]

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

In the column that you want to present a list of users, check out the Auto Compute section.

autocompute.PNG

In the Suggested Values part put the table where your users are and the Key column ref.

Users[UserID] for instance.

Hope that helps!

Hi, 

Thank you for this. Would this work if I wanted it to be a multi selection list so I've done what you've suggested and the list works, however I wanted to be able to select more than one at a time is this possible?

Change the column type from an ENUM to an ENUMLIST

But then how would you implement the: Users[UserID] if you're not referencing

You can still reference using an enumlist 🙂

When you choose the column type as Enumlist, it will ask what the Base Type is.  Choose Ref as the Base Type and then it will ask which table the Ref is from.  So it's possible to have a list of refs.  Indeed it's a VERY useful feature 😃

Ok

Please start a new topic for help with this.

Okay so I found that and inputted the relevant data, still getting an error. I think my expression is wrong list.pngScreenshot 2022-04-25 141610.pngerror.png

Yes, your expression is wrong. Notice Scott's suggestion.

Table[Column]

Thank you, I will try this 

Great stuff, thanks guys 🙂

Also, remember to put an Item Separator when you set your Base Type.  This would usually be a comma.  Appsheet seems to use a space comma space as a default though.

Ah okay thank you! Also do you know why you have to put a table and a column instead of just the table in the expression. I tried without the column at first as I thought it would just use the key field but it didn't accept it 

When i use this method i lost tabel relation.

But when is use type=Ref directly tabel is related but EnumList auto convert to Enum so i can't pick multiple list.

How to resolve that?

Top Labels in this Space