Error? Adding item to shopping cart without SAVE keeps item in cart until app "Sync"

I am testing what happens when updating an existing order. Therefore I click on the order and get to my “Order Detail View”. This view has an EDIT button (Prominence = DISPLAY OVERLAY) and a nested table of the items in the shopping cart.

Test:

From “Order Details” view
click EDIT > view switches to the “Order Form”
click NEW (under the nested table) > new interface where I select a new product and quantity (but view name hasn’t changed…I am basically just adding a new child record)
click SAVE > returns to “Order Form” interface where I was before adding the new item. The new item is now also in the nested table.

Now from “Order Form” I click CANCEL instead of SAVE
Pop-up “discard warning” appears “Do you really want to discard? Your changes will be lost.”
I click “DISCARD” and my view changes back to “Order Details”

PROBLEM 1:
The added item is still in the nested table. Even if I go back to “My orders” view and then return to this order’s “Order Details”, it’s still there.

The item was never saved in the Order Details view. But I have to “Sync” in order for the item to disappear in the nested table.

This is confusing for users. How can I avoid this?

PROBLEM 2:
I found the above mentioned issue when initially adding a Changetimestamp and Changecounter column in order to be made aware of changes to existing orders. I now realized that changes are NOT registered/counted through the changetimestamp/counter columns in the “Order” data table, UNLESS the user clicks SAVE on the Order Detail view. (They are counted in the “Order detail” data table)

That means, any changes made in the “nested table” by clicking on an item there or using any of the system generated “behaviour/actions” are not recognized by the changetimestamp/counter in the “Order” data table.

It basically seems that edit made to items in “Orders” bypass these functions when not using the “offical” EDIT buttons that require a click on SAVE.

What am I doing wrong? How can I successfully track updates to orders with changetimestamp/counter functions regardless of how orders are updated?

Thank you for your advise!

0 1 173
1 REPLY 1

I think I found the answer here. Seems to be an old problem that is awaiting some enhancements to be made by Appsheet.

Top Labels in this Space