Error Copying App and for some User Account

error_creating_app2.jpg

I've got this strange error message while copying App in "My Apps".

The same error also happens to some of the "user" account while loading the App. But when I switched the "user" account to "admin" account, it could load the App bypassing this error.

Anyone has similar experiences / solutions to this? It has been 4-5 days already. Big headache.

0 3 146
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, this has been an issue for a while.  I seem to see these errors for larger apps - especially when I attempt to copy BOTH the app and the data.  

However, I do find, that in spite of the error, the app does fully copy IF GIVEN ENOUGH TIME and sometimes AFTER A FEW ATTEMPTS.  For large apps, I will start the copy and then go off to do something else for a couple of hours.  I will come back, tap "OK" and then refresh My Apps list to see if the copied app shows up.  Once it does, it will show with an error that it is not runnable.  I will edit the app, access any expression, tap "Save" on he expression assistant to simply activate the app Save button, Save the app and USUALLY the app will successfully save and all is well.

Not everything will copy as it was in the original app.  For example, named templates will copy but are given a default AppSheet name.  Database tables will be copied into individual sheets.  There may be other nuances. 

If you copy the app with NO DATA, it will copy fine with no errors but then you will need to "hook it up" to the data source and other content - templates, images, files, etc.

We have report today from our clients/user who saw the similar error message (not inituitive error message to see what the root cause is) when they import CSV files.   Im utterly no idea what the root cause is going to be for those error, but I suspect some common glitch across the different errors are affecting those errors.  Possibly, another and new Gremlins story with Appsheet.

Habe seit Anfang Mai das gleiche Problem mit einer App. Kann sogar nicht mehr den Editor fรผr diese App aufrufen. Mittlerweile 3x den Support kontaktiert und leider noch keine Lรถsung des Problems erhalten. 

Top Labels in this Space