Error Opeing a PDF File.

I am facing a issue of PDf not found. 

FileNotFound.png

Details:

Everything was working perfectly. Recently this error is popping up whenever I tried to open a PDF file. I have checked the file, it is created perfectly in the drive and it is not corrupted. The default path of my appsheet is: 

path.png

I don't know why it is not opening. And one more thing is worth noting, this 404 Error is only appearing for some files not for all. some are opening perfectly. 

Major change done recently:

The ownership of the app was transferred to the new account recently. This was something major that is done recently. I really don't know if this transfer caused this error or any other. 

Please help! Thanks in advance:)

0 13 293
13 REPLIES 13

Confirm that the pdf file is indeed in the app's current default folder.

If the pdf file is in the app's prior (pre-account-transfer) default folder, confirm the current app owner has permission to access that folder.

The PDF is in the same folder as before the transfer and yes the new owner doesn't have access to the previous drive. Am I supposed to give access to him also to resolve the issue?

@dbaum ?

By default, an app accesses data sources in the app owner's name. If the app owner does not have access to a data source, then the app cannot access that data source.

I gave new owner the access to the drive but still it shows the same error.

@dbaum @Koichi_Tsuji  I traced that the file is not there, the path is showing in the not found error. But the file is present somewhere else. Should I change the default access location of the appsheet?

@dbaum  I have also the changed default path where the file is actually present but when I click on the button to open the PDF it still searches in the same path.

Changing the default path might affect the new files generated/uploaded afterwards, but will not change the paths written in the data source. Check the values stored in your data source for the file column.

The file is created in the default address of the app, here: 

Default addressDefault address

And the path written in the data source column is this:

1.png

And in the spreadsheet, this is the generated address of the files:

33.png

But I have checked in this location "appsheet/Main_DB/Sales Orders_Files" There is no file generated but in the default app location "/appsheet/data/IW_Main_V3-2728845" the file is present. So exactly where should I change the path? In the data column?

Thas

@aftabahmad wrote:

the new owner doesn't have access to the previous drive

This could be a reason.

Okay, I will try this and get back.

I gave new owner the access to the drive but still it shows the same error.

Hi @aftabahmad,
Maybe gsheet, where you store those records with file paths, is located in another folder than your generated files folder?

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107317?hl=en

Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-22 o 11.13.02.png

Top Labels in this Space