Error - Parse Error

I have an error however I do not see anything in red to help me figure out why there is an error.  I have checked ALL my tables.

Tiger1_0-1679421574670.png

Solved Solved
0 8 517
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Are you still trying to fix it?  If so:

• So, what were the circumstances before the error started occurring?   
  • Had you just made a change to the app? 
  • Did you check the log file for noted error entries there?
  • Did you try clearing cache?
  • Can this app run on any other devices

View solution in original post

First, you should check the Audit Logs for an error.

The point of the first two questions was that if the app had ran successfully previously and then you made some changes and now it no longer runs, then you need to look at those recent changes to see what might be causing the problem.

If you are not sure what those changes were, then you can start looking at previous version in the Version History (see image), find one that worked, make that the current version and then re-apply changes CAREFULLY until you find the one that is breaking the app.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 4.09.13 PM.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Did this get resolved?

No.  

Are you still trying to fix it?  If so:

I did NOT mean to check on that this is a solution.  I apologize.  I wanted to answer your questions:

• New app - never deployed
    • newly built - so yes
    • no
    • yes - this did not fix it
    • no - it cannot run anywhere

First, you should check the Audit Logs for an error.

The point of the first two questions was that if the app had ran successfully previously and then you made some changes and now it no longer runs, then you need to look at those recent changes to see what might be causing the problem.

If you are not sure what those changes were, then you can start looking at previous version in the Version History (see image), find one that worked, make that the current version and then re-apply changes CAREFULLY until you find the one that is breaking the app.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 4.09.13 PM.png

Ok.  So I went through your steps.  I found the problem.  I had a reference to a column from another table that didn't exist.  however, it wasn't red?  Meaning, every time I have an error in Appsheet it will highlight the error in red.  not sure why it didn't.  

@Tiger1 wrote:

I had a reference to a column from another table that didn't exist.

I am not sure what you mean - maybe the term "reference" is ambiguous.  Maybe you mean you were accessing a column from another table?  If so, then it might depend on the context as to whether there would be an error or not.

For example, in views where we specify the columns explicitly, if we change the name of a column or remove that column, the view will still have it listed but simply ignore it.  It won't be highlighted as an error.  I have never understood why that is.

Anyway, glad you figured it out!

Yeah - that is what it was.  thanks for the help.  AGAIN!

Top Labels in this Space