Error during sync: Unable to fetch app definition. Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL h

Iris_Work_0-1681264666667.png

This happens after Easter holiday, Error " Unable to fetch app definition. Error: Data table 'XXX' is not accessible due to: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.. " happens around 4 out of 10 times during sync.

This can be easily reproduce: a new App connect to a MySQL db table for display, then keep clicking sync, error will happens within 10 times. and retry will resume normal.

This affect business, can someone look into this ?

4 30 2,318
30 REPLIES 30

I have the same error since yesterday.

farishisyam_0-1681266358745.png

I also briefly saw this error today. Waiting a couple minutes and syncing again worked.

Our company is experiencing a similar error. It seems like resyncing works when the app crashes, but more problematic is that it is happening a lot on AppSheet API calls, so some of our core automations are failing. Is there any more insight on this? 

This might be related to one of the reports some users reported to us. Please stay tuned!

Our investigation shows that it may be due to Datastream. Are you all using/aware of it? 

Update: we are investigating the issue, this may not be totally related to Datastream. please stay tuned. Some of you may see this gone already, but we are still looking into it.

Update: the issue should've been fixed by trying this solution. https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Updates-to-AppSheet-IP-addresses-supported-for...

Hi @devingu we have checked and updated the IP addresses however the problems still persists. This is impacting all the apps using MySQL and is impacting our business operations.

Any further suggestions?

I asked around to make sure and to our knowledge we are not utilizing Datastream.

I saw this yesterday.

SkrOYC_0-1681396412512.pngI was executing some loops in an app I'm developing and it synced around 5-10 changes before it throws the error, then I manually sync again and the same...

Now, my error is a little bit different and I though it was related to my datasource but here it is in case it's related

This error happened to our company around the same time as the above thread and is now happening again. Was there a solution discovered or a work around we can use?

Our apps have also been having this problem. Has happened much more frequently this morning. We use SQL Server as our data source and get the same error message that @SkrOYC referenced. We just confirmed our firewall rules included the new IP addresses but still get the errors: Updates to AppSheet IP addresses supported for acc... - Google Cloud Community

Actually I misspoke and the firewall rules weren't in place when I sent my previous message. Once the new IP addresses were allowed with our firewall rules, we no longer see the errors..

@devingu I am still facing this issue across lots of my apps today.
Here's the error message :

Error: "ExceptionHandlerFramework.CustomerFacingException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The wait operation timed out.)\r\n at DatabaseProviders.SqlBasedProvider.DoExecuteQueryWithOrClauses(Context context, String sqlCommand, List`1 orClauses, Int32 commandTimeout)\r\n at DatabaseProviders.SqlBasedProvider.GetRows(Context context, SqlTable table, RowKeys rowKeys)\r\n at DatabaseProviders.SqlTable.FetchRows(Context context, RowKeys rowKeys)\r\n at ProviderBase.RowKeys.Fetch(Context context)\r\n at ProviderBase.ExternalApiProviderData.AppendRows(Context context, Op op, PhysicalSchema physicalSchema, ImmutableArray`1 colTypes, List`1 keyPositions, Boolean writeFullTable, Boolean tryUpsert)\r\n at ProviderBase.ExternalApiProviderData.AppendRows(Context context, Op op, PhysicalSchema physicalSchema, ImmutableArray`1 colTypes, List`1 keyPositions, Boolean tryUpsert)\r\n at ProviderBase.APIBasedProvider.AppendTableRows(Context context, Op op, String name, Int32 ownerId, String userToken, PhysicalSchema physicalSchema, DataFormat fileFormat, ImmutableArray`1 colTypes, List`1 keyPositions)\r\n at Nirvana.Data.DataLayer.AppendTableRows(Context context, Op op, Int32 ownerId, AppTable appTable, ImmutableArray`1 colTypes, List`1 keyPositions)\r\n at Nirvana.Internal.InternalAPI.AddTableRowInternal(Context context, Op op, Int32 userId, Int32 executeAs, ChangeEventWorkflowRuleEvaluator changeEventWorkflowRuleEvaluator)\r\n at Nirvana.Internal.InternalAPI.PerformOperation(Context context, Op op, Int32 userId, String appTemplateVersion, UpdateModeEnum requiredUpdateMode, RowOperation rowOperation)\r\n at Nirvana.Internal.InternalAPI.AddTableRow(Context context, Op op, Int32 userId, String appTemplateVersion)\r\n at AppApiHandler.AddTableRowHandler.AddTableRowInternal(IPerfCollector perfCollector, Context context, Op op, String appTemplateVersion, IQueryString queryString)"

Can you please look into this? This is affecting our daily business as we are very much dependent on appsheet for lot of our processes

have you tried this? https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Updates-to-AppSheet-IP-addresses-supported-for... 

this should resolve the issue. Please note, you have to add ALL of the IPs. 

Yes, all IP's were added.
But the issue still persists as of today.
Please please can we get to the root of this. All our apps are used for daily business operations and errors like this impacts a lot.

We have intermittently been having the same issue for the last 3 or so days. Our IP address list is updated. In fact we only started noticing the issue after we updated the list. Could just be a coincidence, but perhaps the list is inaccurate? This is also seriously affecting our daily business operations.

Do you still remember which of IPs are added and started to cause the issue? It will be valuable for us to know the specific ones to identify the issues. 

I'm not sure about specific IP's, but I can tell you that we added all the IP's from here https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Updates-to-AppSheet-IP-addresses-supported-for... , removed all the IP's from here https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Updates-to-AppSheet-IP-addresses-supported-for... , and now our list is exactly this one https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10104492?hl=en .

I have since tried re-adding old IP's but that has not changed anything. We are still having the same errors. One moment the app will work, then the next moment we get an error - typically this: 

Unable to fetch app definition. Error: Data table 'dbo.STAC_Projects' is not accessible due to: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The wait operation timed out.). 

Also occasionally get the error: Table not accessible due to: Timed out waiting for a resource. The reason is usually a very large/slow loading table or a cross-table cycle in AppSheet formulas.

The former error is much more common.

My apologies, turns out we have an second older SQL server I was unaware of that contained a few tables still used by some apps. I have updated the firewall rules for this second server and the issues seem to have been resolved.

Thanks a lot Ryan for letting us know!

Hi @devingu  having checked the IP address again, there were some missing IPs in the additional list. This appears to have corrected the problem and we will keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Many thanks,. 

Hi @devingu  I spoke to soon. This error just reappeared in one of the apps.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 21.36.44.png

So it appears the problem is not resolved... ๐Ÿ˜’

I am experiencing the same problem. Started yesterday on one app, now it is impacting other apps that are using a MySQL database.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.34.52.png

have you tried this? https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Updates-to-AppSheet-IP-addresses-supported-for... 

this should resolve the issue. Please note, you have to add ALL of the IPs. 

Nope the problems still persist having checked and updated the IP addresses for the AppSheet servers. A little bit intermittent since some updates appear to work and then the next sync stops working. Impacting all apps even those that have not had any recent updates.

Hi @Devu,

Yes we used the above list to update the IP addresses and now the problems of "unable to connect to any specified SQL Host" are happening more frequently across all the applications. This is really BAD timing as we have a big demonstration planned for next week.

Just to check, if an 'old' IP address is not in the list supplied I assume it is ok to remove them?

@devingu This is yet not fixed. We have added all the IP's. The issue started happening much more frequently after that. Have raised support tickets as well but there is no resolution so far. IT HAS BEEN WEEKS.
Being an enterprise customer, we were promised a fast and priority support, but there is nothing.

PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE DO SOMETHING HERE? ARE YOU ABLE TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND RESOLVE THIS? IF NOT POSSIBLE JUST LET US KNOW AND WE WOULD LOOK INTO OTHER SOLUTIONS OTHER THAN APPSHEET.

Apologize for the delay. We've believed this is largely due to missing adding IPs we've provided in the thread. It looks like there are still some users encountering the issue, let me talk to our Engineering team once again. Really appreciate your patience. 

Hi everyone, @devingu seems to be right.

I'm using Supabase (which doesn't have a firewall for the IPs) and it stoped showing me the issue days ago. Maybe this was in the process when they were migrating some of the IPs

@devingu Thanks.
Can you please if possible expedite this? I am still getting the error as of today.
If you need any details from my end, please let me know.
Lets get to the root of this and fix this.

Hey YogeshL, could you please take a screenshot of your firewall configuration (where all AppSheet IP addresses have been added) and reply to the ticket you created with support? If we can verify you've added all IP addresses and then I can get back to the Dev to further troubleshoot the issue. Does that sound good to you? You may already receive something similar from the support team as well. We really appreciate your patience as we do the step by step troubleshooting for you. 

We just got one of these errors again. We are using Google Cloud SQL and all AppSheet IP addresses have been added. It would be great if there was a way to directly connect Google AppSheet to Google Cloud SQL without opening IPs!

Here's the error. We get these for random tables and random times.

"Message: Error: Data table 'FieldLogAttachments' is not accessible due to: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.. Error: Data table 'FieldLogs' is not accessible due to: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.. Error: Data table 'TaskAttachments' is not accessible due to: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.. Error: Data table 'MissingEmployeeLogTypes' is not accessible due to: Connect Timeout expired.. Error: Data table 'LabourCodes' is not accessible due to: An error occurred while sending the request.."

Top Labels in this Space