Error encountered when copying large template app from another account

I have encountered the following error when attempting to copy a large app that I have published as a template.

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 11.59.21.png

"A task was canceled" is not helpful and kind of strange English.  I don't expect readers of this message to attempt to copy my app but, just in case someone is interested, here's the URL of the published template:

https://www.appsheet.com/templates?appGuidString=2bdcbc79-8c09-4c25-ba87-f2718cf3d852

I can copy it without difficulty if I am logged in to the account I used to build the app but not from other accounts I own.  I discovered the problem when a student reported that he was unable to copy the app.

This may be related to a previous issue I reported here:

Error shown when successfully copying template app
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Error-shown-when-successfully-copying-template-...

As the title indicates, in that case, the copying occurred successfully, despite the error message.  In addition, I can report that this involved the very same app; it was copying successfully a month ago but can no longer be copied.  I wonder if this is related somehow to the following improvement in the copying interface:

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 0.50.16.png

I only noticed this new progress indicator yesterday, when I copied the app to make a new template.  Since the app is large and it takes a while to copy it's nice to have a progress indicator.  However, when a user from another account attempts to copy a large template app like mine there's so progress bar and it seems that the process is getting timed out or something.

By, the way, smaller template apps I have made can be copied without difficulty.

I've submitted a ticket to support asking them to look into the issue but I thought I'd report it here to see if anyone else has experienced similar difficulties.

When I get a response from support, I'll report back here.

โ€ƒ

0 1 62
1 REPLY 1

I've already gotten a useful reply from support:

We've looked into it and tried to recreate the issue by copying the app after clicking 'Copy and Customize' and were able to replicate the problem. However, when we clicked on 'Look under the hood' and then 'Copy app' under 'Manage-> Author' in the editor, the app was copied successfully.

Indeed, when I tried this method, I too was able to copy the app from the published template when logged into another account. 

Hopefully, it will soon be possible to copy large templates like mine again without resorting to this method. Still, it's good to know that this approach can work when the normal approach doesn't.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space