Error in timesheet report

I need to help with this report please. It is to produce a report for weekly payroll.

Payroll Report for the period <<[Today()-7]>> to <<[Today()]>>

Company

name: <<[name]>>

<<Start:OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC]))>>

Employees

Employee Name: <<[RIC]>><<[Employee Name]>> - <<[Trade]>>
Address: <<[Address]>>, <<[City]>>, <<[Country]>>

Timesheet

RIC Date Time In Verified In Time Out Verified Out Project GPS Total Hours Total Wages
<<Start:OrderBy(Select([Related Time][RIC], AND(([Date] >= (TODAY() - 7)), ([Date] <= TODAY()))))>><<[RIC]>> <<[Date]>> <<[Time In]>> <<[Verified In Time]>> <<[Time Out]>> <<[Verified Out Time]>> <<[Project.Project]>> <<[GPS]>> <<[Total Hours]>> <<[Total Wages]>><>

<>

This is the error that I am getting below.

“Errors”: “Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[Today()-7]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Today()-7’. Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Attachment template. Expression ‘[Today()]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Today()’, did you mean ‘id’?. Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Attachment template. Expression ‘OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC], [Status]= “Active”))’ is invalid due to: ORDERBY has invalid inputs. Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Attachment template. Start expression ‘OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC], [Status]= “Active”))’ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the ‘Key’ column of the referenced table. Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Body template. Expression ‘[Today()-7]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Today()-7’. Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Body template. Expression ‘[Today()]’ is invalid due to: Unable to find column ‘Today()’, did you mean ‘id’?. Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Body template. Expression ‘OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC], [Status]= “Active”))’ is invalid due to: ORDERBY has invalid inputs. Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Body template. Start expression ‘OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC], [Status]= “Active”))’ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the ‘Key’ column of the referenced table.”,

Solved Solved
0 6 368
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This:

should be this:

Payroll Report for the period <<Today()-7>> to <<Today()>>

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This:

should be this:

Thanks Steve, I have moved from 8 errors to two errors. I deleted the attachment for now.

“Errors”: "Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Body template. Expression ‘OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC]))’ is invalid due to: SELECT has invalid inputs.

Error: Report ‘Employee Payroll Report’ action ‘Generate List’ Body template. Start expression ‘OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC]))’ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the ‘Key’ column of the referenced table.",

Sorry for the delay–I’ve been out sick.

This:

Select([Related Employees][RIC])

is not a valid SELECT() expression.

You probably don’t need SELECT() at all if the RIC column is of type Ref:

OrderBy([Related Employees][RIC])

Note, too, your ORDERBY() expression dose not indicate which column to order by.

Thank you Steve, I am now error free. I do have two issues or problems based on this template…

Company

name: <<[name]>>

<<Start:OrderBy([Related Employees][RIC], [employee name], [Status]=“Active”)>>

Employees

Employee Name: <<[RIC]>><<[Employee Name]>> - <<[Trade]>>
Address: <<[Address]>>, <<[City]>>, <<[Country]>>

Timesheet

RIC Date Time In Verified In Time Out Verified Out Project GPS Total Hours Total Wages
<<Start:OrderBy([Related Timesheets][Timestamp], ([Date] > (NOW() - 7)))>><<[RIC]>> <<[Date]>> <<[Time In]>> <<[Verified In Time]>> <<[Time Out]>> <<[Verified Out Time]>> <<[Project].[Project]>> <<[GPS]>> <<[Total Hours]>> <<[Total Wages]>><>

<>

1. The data is returning all the data in the table and not pay records for the last week. <<Start:OrderBy([Related Timesheets][Timestamp], ( [Date] > (NOW() - 7) ))>><<[RIC]>>

2. I am getting data returned even if no time was recorded for the user for the period, how do i exclude them from the report?

ORDERBY() merely orders the rows, it doesn’t omit any. What you probably want instead is:

<<Start:OrderBy(Select([Related Timesheets][Timestamp], ([Date] > (NOW() - 7))), [Timetamp])>>

The first <<Start>> expression would need to use SELECT() as well to include only those employees with recorded time. Perhaps something like this:

<<Start:OrderBy(Select([Related Employees][RIC], IsNotBlank(Select([Related Timesheets][Timestamp], ([Date] > (NOW() - 7)))))), [employee name], [Status]=“Active”)>>

Thank you Steve, issues resolved.

Top Labels in this Space