Error : missing offline content

Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

With the new offline content being displayed in the side menu, I have the following error :

JpChapron_0-1685391259580.png

Is there any way for me to know which files would that be? It seems to happen on all of my userโ€™s accounts so iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s probably a name convention that changed, but I have well over 1000+ files and I canโ€™t look through them all

any help as always is much appreciated!

1 21 1,344
21 REPLIES 21

Hello
Check your drive, you will see a .txt file, there you will see the information in question

Thanks for your answer 

unfortunatly, iโ€™ve scanned my whole drive, since I use this account exclusively for appsheet it shouldโ€™ve been easy. But there is no .txt other than some empty.txt that apps create. But itโ€™s โ€ฆ empty ๐Ÿคช

You should see something similar to this

LeviP_0-1685455233939.pngLeviP_1-1685455304248.png

Thanks again LeviP,

Unfortunaly, like I said, I have no .txt in my whole Gdrive except the empty.txt mentionned before.

JpChapron_0-1685473537270.png

Maybe there is a setting to turn this on?

I have similar problem, without an answer. Hopefully this can be settled soon. 

I have the same issue 

I changed the app to be not available for offline use and the error message has gone. 

Temporarily accept this as a solution for now. 

well it's not a solution for an app that has to work offline unfortunatly !

for my case, recently I have some updates with the app while other users are still using it - I guess the data they sent to the app might not be going thru to server and stored in their local devices. Right now I turn of the "offline mode" to force all users to clear all the old data and sync properly with server first - after a while I will turn it back on once all the users have updated data shared with app. 

This is only my thought for now. 

It is assumed that this is not a problem that affects the proper functioning of the app

in my case it slowed my app, around 10sec for actions 

Hello, this should be treated more as a warning instead of an error, notifying that some files will not be available for offline use. 

Are you seeing that the number shown here is incorrect? If so, we can try to dig into this.

It also sounds like there's a feature request here to list the files that are unavailable  - I can make a note of this internally.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

My main issues is that I have no idea what files are not available, so i canโ€™t confirm whether or not the number is correct. 

as for the feature request, I think it would be a wonderful idea to point to which files are unavailable! 

Quick side note, the work youโ€™ve done for the offline mode has tremendously improved it, I havenโ€™t had any issue with launching the app offline lately! Thanks!

How to interpret this warning and understand its implications ought to be explained in AppSheet Help.

cc @lizlynch 

I am currently facing the same situation, it happens both on mobile and desktop app (image is not displayed even though photo path is correct and image is still stored on google drive ).
Please guide how to fix it!
Thank you very much!

Hye , look at the reply of @luuthieuky 

1) change the app to be not available for offline use 
2) save
3) allow offline change 

I tried your way but still have the same problem!

hapham_0-1687503901659.png

I've been using the app mostly online ever since. 

Just re-set to offline use and the old alert message of missing files are still there on mobile version (desktop is totally fine with offline use). Reaching out to Help Center now, will keep you posted if there is any solution for the offline use. 

IMG_4227 2.jpg

I got this reply from Support team - so we can totally ignore the "missing file" notice because the app is working properly despite this notice. 

I think your problem is about displaying images (not about "missing file" notice). You can scan thru other discussions about displaying images in the community then. 

Good luck! 

I've been scratching my head with this same issue. 

After a fair bit of searching, for me, it turned out to be a couple of thumbnail icons that I had been hosting externally. It turns out that I'd accidentally deleted them when I revamped my website.

There definitely needs to be a feature that specifies which files are missing, I could have saved hours of my life!!

@amyplin wrote:

It also sounds like there's a feature request here to list the files that are unavailable  - I can make a note of this internally.

I would also like to have this feature.

Top Labels in this Space