Error on bot

I'm getting this error when trying to save a PDF and I'm not sure what it means. The only adjustments I made to the template were visual, I didn't change any of the columns at all.

"Error encountered in step with name [Save Estimate:Save PDF DCS Fab]: Error: Task: 'Save Estimate:Save PDF DCS Fab' Template Type: 'Body' could not be read due to Input string was not in a correct format.."

Any ideas? 

Solved Solved
0 7 293
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay so I just tried clicking "create" to make a new one. Then I copy and pasted my exact previous template to the generated one and it's there now. The formatting is messed up a little bit but at least it's working. I'm not sure what exactly happened.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Reading between the lines...you had a template that was working fine, you made some visual changes to it and now you get the error you have noted in your post.

I know you say your changes were visual, but you could have "re-arranged" things to cause a syntax problem or maybe even inadvertently inserted/deleted something within the template.

While we know which template it would be, the message isn't specific enough to be able to help identify what the problem is.   I would advise taking a close look at the template to make sure the syntax is correct.  If you need help with that, then please provide us your template text to review.

Hello @NinaDCS, is there any chance that a template expression maybe got moved around during those changes?

Sorry I'm looking into the suggestions you guys made, but first... I noticed that when I click "view" on template it's coming up blank. I've tried removing it and re-adding it but it doesn't seem to be finding the template at all now?

Okay so I just tried clicking "create" to make a new one. Then I copy and pasted my exact previous template to the generated one and it's there now. The formatting is messed up a little bit but at least it's working. I'm not sure what exactly happened.

Try making a copy of the template document and re linking the new template to your bot.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot of the task configuration.

Thanks Steve, it was an issue with the pdf not being found but I managed to create a new copy that worked.

Top Labels in this Space