Error: "Local changs are more than 90 days old and cannot be synced."

I use a sql database as the backend for one of my apps.  A while back, I had one of the fields set up to accept too few characters.  The users got an error, I fixed the issue in the sql table, it was fixed when they synced up the next time.  Well, it looks like one of my users never synced and the user is now getting this error: "Local changes are more than 90 days old and cannot be synced.  Please discard local changes or put the app in recovery mode."  Additionally, there are 53 unsynced records indicated up by the sync button that stacked up since they never synced and, apparently, haven't done so in the last 90+ days.

I'm meeting with the user this week to try to help her not lose over 50 records. Questions:

• This error is displayed 3 times when the user tries to sync (screenshot below).  Does this mean if I have the user delete the three oldest records, the rest might sync up? 
  • Is there any way to go into the computer cookies and mine them for the data she entered that did not sync if we have to discard all the local changes?  This is on a web browser.  I know there is a way to do this on phones, but not so sure about computers.
  • Bonus question: Besides making sure my sql table is set up the first time, any suggestions to a novice on how to avoid this sort of thing in the future?

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit to mention that I found this article on Recovery Mode.  I will try this if I don't hear of any other better ideas.

David_Hundt_0-1714323974488.png

0 3 114
3 REPLIES 3

#1 - It won't help.  They will still be in the queue.

#3 - Remind your app users to wait to sync the data before closing the device etc.

You may also find that when you try and clear some of the data (which you cannot avoid), it may continue to error due to chronological submissions. What I mean is you have to clear them all and it may take some time. When you think you have cleared them it can sometimes leave others which were submitted earlier/later.

Hope that made sense. I would just bite the bullet.

Update to say that I was able to use Recovery Mode to save all the data, then reset the user's app without incident.  We're back in business.  Thank you for the replies!

Top Labels in this Space