Error retrieving file 'Someofmyfiles.jpg': URL has an invalid signature.

Does anyone else has this problem? It suddenly happened on about 50% of my image files in different folders when I try opening them.

Error retrieving file 'Someofmyfiles.jpg': URL has an invalid signature.

I reported it thursday last week, and they said they are working on it, but still no fix.

It happens in multiple Desktop and Mobile apps. 

0 18 4,070
18 REPLIES 18

Is this resolved?

I have this Issue "url file ... invalid signature " when using an Action: Opening external File.

I solved specifying in the file name: a data column file type [_THISROW].[file name].

Image issues maybe about the image format or the data column type you are using

1. After about a week it was resolved. I didn't get an answer to why this was happening, but I suspect it has something to do with Google workspace major updates. Don't quote me on it though as it is only blind speculation. 

Is it still down? I am facing issues opening file, referenced as a table field: 

wjjunyor_0-1703738562872.png

The Require Image and File URL signing is on,  and yes, the files are available for me. 

Att, 

Hi Ratatosk,
in my case i solved it with Display Images and Documents External URL for Image Files section, refers to Require File and Image URL Signing.

I think that more than an error is a security issue.

download.png

thx 

wow thanks bud

Thank you! Useful Information

Hello! 
I am facing with the same issue at the PDF documents.
Should I only be patient, until it will work again?

Hi! I have the same problem, Have you solved it?

In my case, the problem was with special characters used in a file name.
In Polish, "order" means "zamรณwienie" - the letter "รณ" was the problem in "appsheet/data/{APP_NAME}/{FOLDER_NAME}/zamรณwienie_123456xyz".
Maybe it will help someone else as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello everyone, we have identified the issue on the AppSheet side and have resolved it. Please try your download again, and we expect the operation to succeed. Thank you, and we apologize for the problems that this issue has created for you and your applications.

I have problem when open file pdf. Please heilp me

Error retrieving file pdf URL has an invalid signature

Make the setting indicated in the image below is set properly for your app.

You can get more details about this setting here 

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 9.43.03 AM.png

Hi!
I have a template 'Etiqueta.docx' in Google Docs that I want to fill with data. I have the same problem as you, when opening the document, it fails here:

Error retrieving file 'Etiqueta.pdf': URL has an invalid signature.

@vicoor wrote:

I have a template 'Etiqueta.docx' in Google Docs that I want to fill with data. I have the same problem as you, when opening the document,

Please show how you are referencing this file.  Templates are used in automation and are not usually referenced in the app directly and therefore would generally NOT be subjected to the same URL signature rules.  At least that is my understanding.

If you ARE referencing this file through an app column due to app design,  then please check you have the app URL Signing setting set as needed AND the file needs to be properly shared to the app users.

Hi Everyone,

After Enable Security options, I got same error when I Open File.

Please Help me this error Sir.

me too

Top Labels in this Space