Error syncing Appsheet with Smartsheet

Hi! Over the last 2 days users for some apps I manage have been getting errors when updating or adding data through Appsheet applications connected to Smartsheet. It usually works for me as a co-author of the app either in the editor or in the browser. 

This is the error they are receiving: 

"Error in SmartsheetProvider retry: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  Any hints or is this an issue with the Smartsheet API service and Appsheet not wanting to talk properly right now?

Solved Solved
0 3 169
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SmartsheetGuru wrote:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This part of the message is just a fancy way of saying that a value was null when it was expected to have a non-null value.  It actually should NOT be a message that we App Creators see.  So it makes me think there is something unexpected happening and it seems it's on Smartsheet side.  Or at least not expected by Appsheet - e.g. Smartsheet side changes that AppSheet was prepared for.

I would raise this with AppSheet support since it does appear to have something to do with the AppSheet supplied integration with Smartsheet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@SmartsheetGuru wrote:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This part of the message is just a fancy way of saying that a value was null when it was expected to have a non-null value.  It actually should NOT be a message that we App Creators see.  So it makes me think there is something unexpected happening and it seems it's on Smartsheet side.  Or at least not expected by Appsheet - e.g. Smartsheet side changes that AppSheet was prepared for.

I would raise this with AppSheet support since it does appear to have something to do with the AppSheet supplied integration with Smartsheet.

@WillowMobileSys Yes, I assumed it was some Smartsheet/Appsheet integration error and it had me checking which column was set for the key in all these different tables...

The even odder thing is that the updates and additions ACTUALLY SHOW UP in Smartsheet, even though the user sees the error.  Furthermore, it seems possible that this might be an issue related to browser cache as the same user tried on another computer and it seems to work now 😕 .  I have the links to access the web versions of the apps with the refresh and wipe parameters to hopefully avoid caching issues, but maybe there's something else going on...

@WillowMobileSys  Update on this. It seems this was an issue between Appsheet and Smartsheet, unsure of this side, but the issue just resolved itself....  My guess is it was on the Smartsheet side as they tend to have performance issues from time to time 🙂

Top Labels in this Space