Error when syncing the App

Hi,
From the last couple of days, I have started getting this error whenever I make an update to the app and then sync the app.
"Upstream connect error or disconnect/reset headers. reset reason: connection termination"

I need to refresh or the sync app again to make this go away.

Along with the these, the Appsheet editor seems to be working slow since couple of days.

4 27 1,001
27 REPLIES 27

@YogeshLaddha wrote:

Along with the these, the Appsheet editor seems to be working slow since couple of days.

Facing same issues past couple of days and 'n' number of minor and major bugs.

I contacted support and they said this: "I can see in the audit logs that there is some slowness in the app because of expensive expressions in a format rule."

Which sounded noob because I went to support report the similar issue you mentioned above. Potentially a bug but they are looking into unwanted things for no reason and comes up with answers like this.

Exactly.
And their response is not related to the actual issue at all.
We are talking about the performance of the editor and not the app itself.

There are couple of other issues as well all related to editor but without any resolution so far.

There are many issues. I try to explain with a video and still comes and ask whats the issue. I think i need to create an app to track all the tickets I created with support in past few days. Even I forgot what the bugs are and its soo difficult to explain them again. All these bugs are never seen in Appsheet past many years.

@YogeshLaddha@Rifad did you ever receive any insight or resolution on this error? We are starting to see this same error now. Confirmed on AppSheet's side?

JMPeterson_0-1681243719392.png

Sorry I am not sure. I stopped following this issue a while ago. For me I did not see this error for a while.

I also didn't receive any additional info on this. It still happens sometimes but is manageable considering some of the other issues / bugs I am facing.

I am also facing similar bug.

After editing with the app editor, if I click the "Save" button to save,
the preview operation will stop for about 30 seconds.
Preview is unavailable during this time.

I have captured a video, please refer to it.

During this time the browser (Chrome) may or may not be reloading.
This phenomenon does not always occur.
This behavior is the same for two different accounts I own. It also happened on two different PCs.

I reported to support 4 days ago and asked an additional question yesterday. Not resolved yet.

Since this problem can be inferred to be a technical problem with the app editor,
I have asked support to escalate it to the development team.

preview.gif

Yup. I also noticed this in the last couple of days.

Thanks for the reply, @YogeshLaddha !

At this time, there is no reply from the support regarding this problem.

I just sent an additional email to the helpdesk.

AppSheet is currently broken here and there. Annoying.

I have issues with Apps which are using Google cloud MySQL. almost every mins, I receive errros on my email inbox.  So my Gmail is currently full of AppSheet error alerts, which is coming every min and sec..... Asked the support desk, but no meaningful reaction. This is now DEFAULT.

This is not a direct issue with this original post, but the app with SQL as data sources should be throwing the errors whenever the app users interact with apps, sycn and edit data etc.

After we digged into the MySQL error logs, unknown Google hosted servers are attacking  (trying to access) to apps, then throws errors all the time.

Those are unknown IPs.

Those three (as far as we found out) are not listed in AppSheet document, which should be White Listed, but actually accessing to our app and fail the Sync all the time.

If you are running app with SQL as data source, you must be careful.

Very interesting finds, and good job honing in on potential culprits. Not too long ago AppSheet shifted to a "dynamic IP list" instead of the standard static list. Is that the problem we are facing here?

That is possible, but who knows. (only Google knows....)

I posted the issue to support desk, but only meaningless response we got like this.

@devingu 

--

Hi Koichi,

Thank you for your patience.

Our AppSheet product team has been notified of your issue and currently is investigating it. Unfortunately, due to the complexity, we are not able to provide a precise date for you. However, weโ€™ll follow up as soon as we receive any updates. Kindly refer to the escalationId [b/268503359] for your future reference.

Please feel free to reach out to us again if you have any questions or concerns.

I got feedback from support desk on my case where app throws errors with MySQL as data source.

according to them , Datastreaming is causing the issue with our apps. We turned on Datasream service on our MySQL instance to replicate data on Big Query. This arrangement is said to be root cause, and Appsheet dev is working to fix this problem. 

Sharing this info if someone else experience the same issue. 

Thanks @Koichi_Tsuji for sharing the info.

I have been facing the issue a lot since last couple of days but it usually goes away after few minutes. Still very much irritating.

Hoping that the appsheet team can fix this soon.

I m not sure if your and mine problems sharing the same root cause but it could be possible. Yes, I wait for their further update, hopefuly they manage to deliver a fix soon.

It should be. We also have a service running on mySQL DB to backup all the data on big query. Seems like thats the root cause.

If you use https://cloud.google.com/datastream , then it should be exactly same issue.

We started Steam from MySQL DB to replicate BQ instance. Then our app started to throw such errors.  The listed 3 x unknown IP could be connected with DataStream I supposed.

@YogeshLaddha you better to check MySQL errors log as well.

I can share my sample error logs.

2023-04-11_11-56-43.png

I assume you will find the same error on your logs as well.

Yup. That's it. Thanks for sharing the error logs.

Its good to understand the root cause. I just didn't look into it much as I thought this is one of the many temporary errors appsheet has. Also didn't raise a support ticket as I didn't have the time and patience to engage the support.

Sure, I will let you know more news come over to me through the support channel. Will share in this thread then.

@YogeshLaddha 

We have not seeing the errors on audit log for sometime - past few days. AppSheet support gave update and Eng team introduced a fix.  I hope you are not seeing this type of errors now.

Anyway, AppSheet is broken here and there..... in general.

AppSheet devs should focus on fixing those listed issues rather than working on nitch new features, such as Appsheet Database, Chat bot.

New development on (such niche) features is possibly disrupting the exsiting functionalities. I m not sure off course, but this is pity.

@Koichi_Tsuji wrote:

AppSheet devs should focus on fixing those listed issues

I agree with this 1000%.  This was a problem even before Google took over.  On many, many occasions I created an email to send to Praveen et all but never sent as I always felt I was just whining.

There are many existing features that have issues or are not fully complete and are preventing us from creating great apps.  I also think that the current Google staff just may not be aware of them.  It's time to call them out. I am going to start a post where we can begin listing these

There are tons of unfixed bugs on our list.

this is just an example, but integration with BQ (BigQuery) carries long list of bugs or strange behaviors.  We honestly asked Google NOT to declare GA for such un-completed product, but they do not listen to hear our (users) voice, but prioritize the internal stuffs.

Integration with BQ is awesome, but appsheet feature with BQ is causing problems, but Google never proactively sharing such ones with users.  

Issues with SQL + AppSheet is just one of the examples out of hundreds. There are tons more.

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

It's time to call them out.

Honestly speaking I have given up at this point of time. Only hope and request is they donโ€™t break existing apps.

Top Labels in this Space