Error with add a new row to another table using values from this row

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a user-friendly google sheet where customers can input a complex order, this generates a readable sheet for Appsheet to copy from. However, when setting up the action to Copy the order details, it wonโ€™t let me enter data into any column that relates to the table key, which in my case, is Order ID. See the error belowโ€ฆ
2X_7_7574ed6c16ebad5db85b83910103b15bce8f63ff.png

Here is a screenshot of the ORDERS table where you can see that the column is marked Editable. Any ideas of what is going wrong here?

2X_8_82845b9ba98c884b1a096513f3c80ea7cff833c5.png

It is important that I donโ€™t use a system generated key like UNIQUEID() because the app also adds line items to the line item table and creates a reference to ORDERS using that Order ID column.

Is this a bug or am I completely misunderstanding how this action should work?

0 3 421
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For reasons that arenโ€™t clear to me, the Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row cannot be used to set the key column value of the added row; the key column value must be set by its own initial value expression. Further, the key columnโ€™s initial value expression does not have access to any of the values set by the action.

Thanks for the clarification, that is was I was afraid of. However I think I can work around it.

I came here to report the same bug, thank you for this added clarification!

Top Labels in this Space