Everyone in the kitchen!!

Hello everyone, here in Italy the end of year holidays are approaching and we are starting to think about the dishes to prepare. Pretend you're not on a diet... I wanted to do a "management" of ingredients in my refrigerator and other pantries. I apologize if my next description of the difficulties I am experiencing is not accurate. As you know, I'm not from the programming field, but I'm eager to learn, not without a generous dose of masochism.

I started by creating the ingredient table. Eggs, flour, milk, sugar, yeast, etc (So far, so good). 

Then I created a table (child ) where I purchase the ingredients and load them into the fridge or pantries. (So far, so good). 

Then I created a table for the finished products: cakes, pancakes, mascarpone, biscuits, taralli, etc. Obviously each product has a series of ingredients with its own quantities... you can see my first difficulty.

How do I manage the ingredients? 

1) Do I have to predetermine the ingredient fields or is there a different way?

2) In past experiences I have learned to index (index,count()) the tables in relation to each other, but here I am encountering a different difficulty because I cannot find a way to remove the ingredients from the pantry once the finished product has been made.

I hope you can help me find a way.

0 0 67
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space