Excel templates - how to get started?

I've examined the Excel template help pages on the Appsheet site and they are unhelpful, as are the Bot menus - it doesn't explain where to put the XLSX sheet or how to load it into the bot.

Does anyone know of a video that explains this? I've searched and can't find one.

thanks

James

0 4 229
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry that I am also unware of any video on the topic. Maybe someone else would know of a video.

However, if you could mention any specific areas you are looking for help, the community could possibly help.

Hi Suvrutt, I am just wanting some basic knowledge -:

- what to put in the .xlxs (presumably this is the same as the CSV, which I can find a video on)

- where to put the template

- how to call it (the Bot menus only seem to refer to a Google Doc location)

thanks

James

This is supposedly the help page, which appears completely devoid of useful help.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11539957?sjid=10364492576855161969-EU#create-template

There is an excel template specific help article. Were you able to take a look at it? It explains the excel template creation well

Use Microsoft Excel templates - AppSheet Help

I also quickly created a test bot using Excel template and tested.

The template looks like below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1698422734823.png

In the bot this Excel template file is included as follows

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1698422881887.png

One needs to upload it with the file ID of the template with DocID='File ID" format once you upload the template in the Google drive , preferably under the app folder called "Content" within the app's root folder. Even though, with file Id , the template  will work even if uploaded anywhere in the drive.

Top Labels in this Space