Export CSV with search function

Hi,

I use the search function to search in one column for two words that returns about 160 rows. When I use the export CSV action it down loads those 160 rows but also approx another 700  and I can't understand why.

As a result I have to reorganise by a-z to then delete the one I don't want to edit and then import CSV. In this case the two words have the same starting letter "Y" so it was easy but if I searched with different letters I would have to go through the sheet and delete various chunks seperately.

Thanks

0 4 99
4 REPLIES 4

I do not believe that the search feature affects the rows available to the CSV export - it is a visual aid only.   It probably should be applied to the CSV export.  It will require a Feature Idea to get it on the radar, if not already requested.

You can build a feature to perform your own customized filtering,  display the results in a filtered view and then use the CSV export to download only those visible rows.

TeeSee1_0-1656036690133.png

My quick test shows that this system search affects CSV exports (only the displayed rows exported).

Are we talking about the same search here??

I believe the issue is that while the search functions as expected, 'showing' only the results, if an export to CSV action is used, all the data in the table is returned in the CSV and not just data that meets the search criteria.

Hey man, 

i'm sure the problem is the TWO words you're searching for. Try with only one first.

Top Labels in this Space