Export View to CSV Action Blank Rows

I have an export to CSV action that was working fine but is now exporting only the header row. Does anyone know what may be the cause of this?

Solved Solved
0 11 213
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Every SPLIT(..., ",") should be SPLIT(CONCATENATE(...), " , ").

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

As a follow-up, I have contacted support but have not gotten anywhere with them. I have a table view in a dashboard that is using this slice as a data source. The slice is based on a detail view with quick edit columns. The table is showing the filtered data without issue, but when I go to the slice that is the source for this view and click on "View Data" nothing shows up. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like the slice is the issue, then. Please post a screenshot of the slice's row filter expression.

and(
if(isnotblank(Platform_Filter_Table[Delivery Mode]),ANY(Platform_Filter_Table[Delivery Mode])=[Delivery Mode],true),
if(isnotblank(Platform_Filter_Table[Account]), in([Platform Account Name],split(Platform_Filter_Table[Account],",")),true),
if(isnotblank(Platform_Filter_Table[lab]),ANY(Platform_Filter_Table[lab])=[lab grouping],true),
if(isnotblank(Platform_Filter_Table[Result]), IN([Result Actual],split(Platform_Filter_Table[Result],",")),true),
if(isnotblank(Platform_Filter_Table[Accession Date From]), [AID Date] >= ANY(Platform_Filter_Table[Accession Date From]),true),
if(isnotblank(Platform_Filter_Table[Accession Date To]), [AID Date] <= ANY(Platform_Filter_Table[Accession Date To]),true))

Screenshot, please.

Here you go

greggillam_0-1654631761942.png

Steve, could you please provide more context here? I've read through the article and nothing jumps out as a solution. The slice currently works, it's just that when I export to CSV the rows are blank. 

Every SPLIT(..., ",") should be SPLIT(CONCATENATE(...), " , ").

Steve, how in the world did that solve it??? I've spent hours trying to figure this out. I thought my enumlist was already separated by commas, so why the concatenate? Or was it that I had to split by " , " instead of just ","? Either way, THANK YOU.

The help doc explains it, which is why I suggested you read it.

Definitely the slice expression. I dig some more testing and the IN() expressions looking for values from the enumlists (that I have used split to separate the values of)  are causing the CSV to export blank rows. I'm guessing it may be a server-side issue because when I test the expression it is pulling all values as expected; however, when I export to CSV I still get blank rows. The export works when I don't have values from either enumlist selected on the filter table.

Top Labels in this Space