Export list to an email

I'm fairly new to appsheet. So theres some features i'm having a little trouble with getting to work as i want.

My project first of all, is an inventory management system for cars, that i want used for updating stocks, statuses, and for sending inventories by email for them to take further actions.

The problem i encounter has a couple wrinkles to it. One, i'm trying to set up a primary action where i can put all the cars in one particular view, into an email. This is three columns of data with the make and model, the VIN number/registration, and what location its currently in. I can't get these three sets of data to really line up like columns in the resulting email, is that possible to fix with expressions? 

Also, the displaying of the action. this is a Deck View i'm building the view on. I believe because its an external action, i can't get the action to display in the primary position (bottom right corner of the screen) as i want it to. If i use the "export view into a csv" action however, it displays in the bottom right corrner just fine. Is there a workaround where i can get the email action placement i desire?

I work with stubborn old people that are unwilling to change their ways in their position so the email action is a must sadly, otherwise i'd have them open the appsheet and grab the data from there, but alas. All ideas are very welcome.

0 2 45
2 REPLIES 2

JSO
Silver 2
Silver 2

To columnize the data, you'd better try using tables within the HTML format of the email body.

In a general view (not a detail view), there are limitations for buttons that change the data.

Yes it's possible to do. Check this discussion how it's done.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Delete-All-Record/m-p/703776

Top Labels in this Space