Export tables, columns, virtual columns and all their settings and expressions

Hello all

I've been working on my first few apps for a few months and have learnt lots from this forum. I'm now at a point where I have an app that functions pretty much the way I want it, but with so many superfluous virtual and real columns that I created as part of the learning process. I'm at that point of going back and discarding what's not needed, and hopefully improving sync times but before I start deleting columns willy nilly and screwing things up, I was wondering if there's a method of exporting all the settings and expressions?

If not, does anyone have a procedure of doing this? It'd be nice to somehow do a search of whether I've used a particular VC somewhere, and if not, mark it (maybe add "DELETE" as a prefix to the column name). Transfer as many VC expressions into real google sheet columns where not needed for instantaneous display etc.

Cheers

Leon

Solved Solved
0 3 143
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The closest what you could do, is to generate the PDF from the app template and then search from there. You can find it from Editor > Settings > Information > App documentation > The documentation page for this app is available  "HERE"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The closest what you could do, is to generate the PDF from the app template and then search from there. You can find it from Editor > Settings > Information > App documentation > The documentation page for this app is available  "HERE"

This is perfect, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Thank you once again @AleksiAlkio !

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space