Exported CSV all values in one column

Good day Everyone, 

in one of the views I have the export button that I have many times before, the exported CSV was loading normally, but since i got this new laptop, I noticed that the exported csv file is not being arranged but instead, all values are comma separated in 1 column. 

Hussein_Osseily_0-1659258959268.png

Does this have anything to do with the CSV File Local? is there anyway which local is the suitable one for me ? 

Thanks in advance 

Solved Solved
0 11 2,872
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

This is nothing to do with AppSheet. It's the software you are using to open the CSV files.

Try open it using import feature in the software.

Normally available in 'File' menuNormally available in 'File' menu

View solution in original post

Make sure Windows/MacOS region & locale on the new laptop is same as the good old one.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I'm not sure I understand your question. Inside CSV files from AppSheet are like that. Each row is packed into 1 text string, all columns are separated by ","

I can open the CSV files right away using Excel, LibreOfficeCalc, etc. like normal *.xlsx files without extra steps.

LibreOfficeCalcLibreOfficeCalc

Thanks for your response.

From my old laptop, whenever i export a table it looks just like yours.

from my new laptop it looks like this (See below):

Hussein_Osseily_1-1659258928509.png

This is nothing to do with AppSheet. It's the software you are using to open the CSV files.

Try open it using import feature in the software.

Normally available in 'File' menuNormally available in 'File' menu

I have opened it with two different software but for some reasons it is still loading in the same way.

even though the same file is loading correctly on the other laptop

Now comes to question what software are you using?

If the issue is with Excel, you can try changing the delimiter. Go to File > Options > Advanced. Under General, look for the option that says "Use system separators". Make sure this option is checked. Then, try opening the CSV file in Excel again.

To open the file, i have tried using Microsoft excel & another software called WPS Office (both are loading the CSV File correctly on my other laptop)

This option is already checked, i think as u said the issue is with the softwares , i tried opening the same file on the web via web csv file opener and it opened the way it should. am thinking it has something to with the Local , region, ... of this laptop

This method worked , it is opening correctly, but the question is why it is not opening the way it should without going through this process

Make sure Windows/MacOS region & locale on the new laptop is same as the good old one.

Now it is working fine, i changed the region to English US and the file is loading normally. thanks for your response Swoopy appreciated

Congratulation 😅

Top Labels in this Space