Exporting a csv to Drive of the Child table once the status of the Parent Record Changes

Hello Everyone, 

I have a sim^le question here and needing your input.

I have a parent table "Orders" with a column Status "closed" / "Open" 

I have another child table of the main table "Orders" that is called "Order Summary" that has order line items , qty, weight, price, ... 

What i am trying to acheive is that whenever the Order status is set to Closed (in the "Order" Table) , to trigger a task that will export a csv file of the "Order Summary" 

I have started by setting up the csv template, and created a BOT 
Step 1 to be activated on Updates only in the table "Orders"
with a condition [Status]="Closed" 

Step 2 i created that task that would creat a file in the google drive of the table "Order Summary" 

The issue:

When i change the Status of the order in table "Order" to Closed 
a file of this table is created and not the Order Summary 

Below photos for ref: 

A bot to be triggered on changes in Table OrdersA bot to be triggered on changes in Table OrdersCreat a file of Table "Order Summary"Creat a file of Table "Order Summary"

The expected result is a csv file of the "Order Summary" Table and not the "Orders" Table.

Any tips or explanation of what am doing wrong would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 6 230
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please move <<End>> In the line below. The suggested changes highlighted in red

"ID","Order ID","Ordered By","Order Time","Ordered Qty","Artikelname","Kurzbeschreibung","Artikelnummer","EAN/Barcode","Std. VK Netto","Inhalt/Menge","Remarks","Image","Total Amount"
 <<Start:[Related Order Summarys]>> 
"<<[ID]>>","<<[Order ID]>>","<<[Ordered By]>>","<<[Order Time]>>","<<[Ordered Qty]>>","<<[Artikelname]>>","<<[Kurzbeschreibung]>>","<<[Artikelnummer]>>","<<[EAN/Barcode]>>","<<[Std. VK Netto]>>","<<[Inhalt/Menge]>>","<<[Remarks]>>","<<[Image]>>","<<[Total Amount]>>"
<<END>>

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

May we know the expression you are using in the CSV template to pull in the child table's rows?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thanks for your response and bringing up the CSV Template

I am using the follwoing to filter the rows that match the Order ID of the parent record: 

"ID","Order ID","Ordered By","Order Time","Ordered Qty","Artikelname","Kurzbeschreibung","Artikelnummer","EAN/Barcode","Std. VK Netto","Inhalt/Menge","Remarks","Image","Total Amount"
<<Start:FILTER("ORDER SUMMARY",[_ThisRow].[ID] = [Order ID])>>
"<<[ID]>>","<<[Order ID]>>","<<[Ordered By]>>","<<[Order Time]>>","<<[Ordered Qty]>>","<<[Artikelname]>>","<<[Kurzbeschreibung]>>","<<[Artikelnummer]>>","<<[EAN/Barcode]>>","<<[Std. VK Netto]>>","<<[Inhalt/Menge]>>","<<[Remarks]>>","<<[Image]>>","<<[Total Amount]>>"<<END>>

i have tried it now, and its pulling the child records of that parent ID into the csv but instead of creating a row of every record, it created 1 row for the 5 child record, listed in 1 row (am new to the CSV Templates, bare with me) 

Parent Table Columns: 
ID
Order ID
Ordered By
Order Time
Status
Related Order Summarys
Total Amount

Child Table Columns: 

ID
Order ID (Ref)
Ordered By

Order Time

Ordered Qty

Artikelname

Kurzbeschreibung

Artikelnummer

EAN/Barcode

Std. VK Netto

Inhalt/Menge

Remarks

Total Amount

Hi @Hussein_Osseily ,

Thank you for the details. Could you try using the following start expression

<<Start:[Related Order Summarys]>>  instead of <<Start:FILTER("ORDER SUMMARY",[_ThisRow].[ID] = [Order ID])>>

Also please set up the CSV to fire on just the Order Table , since the [Related Order Summarys] column is in the Orders table itself. You do not need to use "Orders Summary" table in the automation task.

So if i get you correctly, 

I have replaced the START Expression with <<Start:[Related Order Summarys]>> 
and in the Task, i have kept the action to "Creat a file" BUT Changed the table to "Order" 

I got the intended result but the 3 related child records were created in 1 single row 

Hussein_Osseily_0-1673867551222.png

Please move <<End>> In the line below. The suggested changes highlighted in red

<<Start:[Related Order Summarys]>> 
"<<[ID]>>","<<[Order ID]>>","<<[Ordered By]>>","<<[Order Time]>>","<<[Ordered Qty]>>","<<[Artikelname]>>","<<[Kurzbeschreibung]>>","<<[Artikelnummer]>>","<<[EAN/Barcode]>>","<<[Std. VK Netto]>>","<<[Inhalt/Menge]>>","<<[Remarks]>>","<<[Image]>>","<<[Total Amount]>>"
<<END>>

Sweet ! 

it did the trick , all in place now, thanks a lot @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Top Labels in this Space