Expression in virtual column

Hi there!

I have a table where I want information to be added from another table if certain values โ€‹โ€‹in the cells of 3 columns are equal.
Example: in Table 1, I have the columns [Date], [Name], [City], and a fifth column [Quantity] with different values, in table 2 I have the same columns [Date]. [Name]. [ City] and [Quantity] (the cells in the [Quantity] column must contain the values โ€‹โ€‹of the [Quantity] cell corresponding to table 1).
Surely I should use a Concatencion in a virtual column, but I can not find the correct expression.
In Gsheet the formula is: = ARRAYFORMULA (VLOOKUP (BH2: BH; โ€˜Table 2โ€™! A: E; 5; FALSE ())), but Gsheet is adding strange values โ€‹โ€‹between the concatenation of the values.
I also used JOIN in Gsheet, the vales are ok but the files excede 5000 so it shows me and ERROR

Any thoughts?

0 12 764
12 REPLIES 12

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Itโ€™s not clear what you want. A Gsheet formula? An AppSheet formula? What is the result of the formula supposed to be?

Hi @Steve!

Its kind of a complex, I try my best to explain how it worksโ€ฆ

I have a table (table 1) where every first day of the month all the students corresponding to each class and each school are added to this table, also the corresponding number of class days are added for each month(all this by a script in Gsheet), and from Appsheet the list is passed to present and absent students. The number of days students have classes never match with calendar days. For class days to be correct, teachers must enter the class days corresponding to each month and as it is not feasible to add students per student on the days of class corresponding to each class, I made a second table (table 2) in Gsheet, where I concatenate the information from (table 1) such as [date] (which is always set on the 1st of each month), [the name of the class], [the schoolโ€™s name] and a fourth column [ class days]. In this fourth column [class days] the teachers add the number of class days corresponding to each month. Then in (table 1) in Gsheet, I have a formula that concatenates the information that I mentioned and I have another column in the (table 1) [class days] that has a formula, that if the concatenation in (table 1 )is = to the concatenation of the (table 2), then add in the cells of the column [class days] in ( table 1) the information of the column [class days] of the (table 2), in all the rows that the concatenation is coincident in (table 1).
So, as in Gsheet I have tried in various ways to concatenate the information, but Gsheet gives me a strange value in between the concatenated values, Iโ€™m looking for the way to do it from Appsheet with a virtual column.

I hope this explain better what I am intended to do.

Iโ€™m even more confused now. Iโ€™m afraid Iโ€™m not in a good position to help you on this problem.

May be this will help.
I share you a sample table

@LeventK @Reza

May I ask what do you mean by this. โ€œbut Gsheet is adding strange values โ€‹โ€‹between the concatenation of the values.โ€

One thing is the formula, how can I replicate this in Appsheet and also please check this picture.
I have the same formula in the Gsheet that is related to the App and is adding this strange series number

The first part is a date value showed as a decimal.

why is adding decimal value into the second cell and other cells and not in the first cell?

Your date value is probably like 1/9/2018 17:27:18 which is 43344.7272917

Oh, I seeโ€ฆ
DO you know how can I recreate this in Appsheet?
Having 2 tables and matching concatenated columns to add a value from one table to another?

Something like ANY(SELECT(TableB[ColC],AND([ColA]=[_THISROW].[ColA],[ColB]=[_THISROW].[ColB])))

Thanks! Will try

Top Labels in this Space