Expression is changing entire column, not just one row

Hi all. Hope everyone is well and staying safe!

I’m revisiting a project I started a few months back, and have one final hiccup I can’t seem to figure out.
This is a timekeeping app for employees to clock in and out. The way I’ve set this up is a sheet with employee records with a column [In or Out] which holds the value of whether the employee is in the building or not. The second sheet logs all the time swipes and pulls the value of whether they are in the building or not to log whether they are clocking in or out.

I have actions set up to read whether they are in the building or not and to substitute their status for the reciprocal for each clock. This works on the “Employees” table, then uses an “action on a set of rows” on the “Clock In” table to reference the “Employees” table.
My issue is that when it changes the [In or Out] column, it’s changing the entire column rather than just for that one particular employee.

Apologies for the wall of text, I’m sure this is probably something stupidly simple I’m missing.

Solved Solved
0 4 236
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Feel like a bit of an idiot now. Knew it was going to be simple!
LIST([_THISROW].[Employee ID])
Thanks Aleksi!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It sounds that your formula in option called “Referenced rows” is reading the whole table like TableName[KeyColumn]. You need to specify the one and only key value from that table. Otherwise it will update all records as it is doing now.

Hi Aleksi,
I was 99% sure this was the case. I’d tried several ways around fixing this as I can’t put the exact UNIQUEID in. I tried writing an expression that would take the Employee ID used for the form and look for that row in the “Employees” table, but couldn’t get it work at all. Currently it is, as you guessed Employees[Employee ID]. I’m not great with expressions at all, and tried a bunch of expressions before assuming I was going the wrong way about it.

So my question would be, is there a way for me to take the value used in the clock in form, and ensure that only that row is updated?

Thanks!

Feel like a bit of an idiot now. Knew it was going to be simple!
LIST([_THISROW].[Employee ID])
Thanks Aleksi!

No worries

Top Labels in this Space