Expressions and forms

I have an action button.

I want it to open an editable version of the row I am currently in. 

However I want to only show the [Owner] column that can be edited. 

Is there a way so it opens a form view to do this, I've noticed I can't add a LINKTOFORM if I'm trying to change the information in the row. If I use a link to form normally, I can't see any of the existing data, it's just a blank form. 

Solved Solved
0 7 61
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's exactly what I wanted to do! Turns out the formula I was using before it was supposed to be LINKTOROWs rather than form so I worked that out but this input thing is much cleaner. Thank you 🙂Screenshot 2022-04-20 145910.pngScreenshot 2022-04-20 145931.pngScreenshot 2022-04-20 145944.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

This feels like a deja vu....

Maybe try using quick edit this time? hehe

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY I know right? To be fair, it's a different question this time :P. I just want to know if it can be done because it seems like there's not a way you can edit information in a row in a completely new form. 

I believe that's exactly what we were talking about in the other post, but since we are here, let me toss in another option, have you heard about INPUT() ?

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/5398544-input

You basically slap that bad boy in an action and it appears as an inline button in a table, and you can press it to prompt the user to fill in the data that you need for any row.

That sounds interesting, does it work with lists?

What do you have in mind exactly about lists?

I'm trying it now. Will post a picture if it does what I want it to do 🙂

That's exactly what I wanted to do! Turns out the formula I was using before it was supposed to be LINKTOROWs rather than form so I worked that out but this input thing is much cleaner. Thank you 🙂Screenshot 2022-04-20 145910.pngScreenshot 2022-04-20 145931.pngScreenshot 2022-04-20 145944.png

Top Labels in this Space