Extend max sync time

Hi! I'm trying to make an app that help my sales team to make their monthly budget, my database is in a azure database and to do this i'm trying to accomplish the following:

1. A storage procedure in my database wich get triggered by the insertion of one row in the A table that creates multiples rows un the B table
  2. Make an app with a form view to create the insertion in the table A needed to start the trigger and build all the data in the B table
  3. Make a table view in the same app to edit the rows created in the table B with the function QuickEdit (beta), so my sales team can just edit de budget of the month for each row instead of being creating row per row in a form view

The problem that i currently have is that when i make the point 2, my database needs like 15 minutes to build all the data, and appsheet doesn't want to wait that long and just give me an error. 

So, is there any way that i can extend that sync time to whatever i need? 

Or maybe, do you know any better way to accomplish this?

0 5 149
5 REPLIES 5

How are you currently building the data into Table B that it takes your database 15 minutes to create it? Are you using actions within Appsheet, are you executing those actions via a form save event or via a bot once the the record in Table A was created? This could affect your 15 minute turnaround time. If you can establish a connection to your Azure DB via JDBC in Google Apps Script you might want to consider that because you can implement batch processing and therefore get a quicker turnaround. Of course then the no-code aspect of Appsheet gets somewhat lost.

In appsheet is only a form in wich I put basic data, the problem is in my database because i got this trigger wich is generating all the B table rows to be inserted, so, my database needs at least 15 mins to finish the stored procedure and then, it saves the inserted row in the A table

I was not aware that Appsheet waited on a response from the datasource in case of stored procedures. I have not tried this myself so I didn't realize that might be the case. I presume your stored procedure is oncreate in Table A, create X amount of records in Table B?

Exactly, that's why i'm trying to extend my Sync time in the app ๐Ÿ˜ž

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Why does your database need at least 15 minutes? That seems horribly broken.

Top Labels in this Space