External link to change a value in a column

Hi there,

Can I ask if there is a possibility to enhance my currrent Email Workflow triggered when add row to table. In our email template, is there a possible link response to email recipients to response value like Accept or Reject.

Thanks for your attention.

Solved Solved
0 7 391
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You could include a Deep Link in your email that takes your user back to a view in your AppSheet application. That view could allow the user to enter a response. You could then record that response in one of your tables.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not currently but this would be a good enhancement request. If you are savvy with google apps script, you can implement it using Gmail Actions - https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/actions/actions-overview

You could include a Deep Link in your email that takes your user back to a view in your AppSheet application. That view could allow the user to enter a response. You could then record that response in one of your tables.

The main difference between Phil’s suggestion and mine is that my solution can be used to record responses from email recipients who are not white listed.

Hello all,
Thanks for replying.

Is it correct to say Phil’s suggestion will probably allow public access to change value in Google Sheet?

If your deep link is to a form in a public app, then yes, anyone with the link can submit the form. Because no sign in will be required, you cannot tell who submitted the form - however, your form could include a pre-populated readonly email column.

If you require your users to sign in, then you can use Security Filters to control which records they can see and update.

It would be a great feauture; i have a lot of automated email like “click on the following link and take an action in the app/choose one option and save”. It would save number of click and time.

Top Labels in this Space