FORMAT RULES COMMERCIAL VISITS

Hello App Sheet Community!

I need to give a format rule to the column "CuentaCliente (Text)" of the table "BaseDatosClientes" based on the last record of "FechaVisita (Date)" of the table "RegistroVisita".

If it does not meet the estimated term, it should be put in red.

Thanks in advance.

Jose_R_B_0-1670863217072.png

Jose_R_B_1-1670863266951.png

Solved Solved
0 4 109
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Using select() directly in format rule condition can slow down app UX performance if you have too much data since format rule condition is evaluated when app is rendered. 

I will recommend adding a virtual column to calculate the value you want to check in your format rule. The approach will still be the same, using select to find the right row in `Ref_Rows`

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I am assuming you have a ref column in BaseDatosClientes that references rows in RegistroVisita.

You can add an expression in "If this condition is true" in the format rule to set text colour to red when it doesn't meet your criteria.

Please see configure the following properties section of the format rule: https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106703?hl=en

Not quite,

I already had to use the column reference for these two tables but the other way around, that is:

RegistroVisita is that references rows in BaseDatosClientes

From what I could see they don't work bidirectionally so I thought about using the Select expression but without getting any results.

Any other ideas I can implement?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™

Jose_R_B_0-1670866925831.png

Jose_R_B_1-1670867008148.png

Jose_R_B_0-1670868700303.png

Using select() directly in format rule condition can slow down app UX performance if you have too much data since format rule condition is evaluated when app is rendered. 

I will recommend adding a virtual column to calculate the value you want to check in your format rule. The approach will still be the same, using select to find the right row in `Ref_Rows`

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space