Failed Update Data Workflow

Hello,

I’m trying to calculate the value of a column ([invoice_local_currency_amount_balance]) at the moment when a new record is created.

To do this I’m using an action, however, when checking the logs it is telling me that a field is blank (it is not, and also, I’m not trying to override that field.)

In the JSON object I can see that the column mentioned has indeed a value.

This is my action

Which is triggered by adds only.

I have no idea why Appsheet is double checking if I have the bank_id column, even tho it’s already there and I’m not trying to update/overwrite that column. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 78
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, so, it seems that we cannot use an automation to update a column value of a row that you are creating right in that moment.

The best course of action is to define your formula in the “Initial Value” field.
I had the impression that “Initial Value” formulas where calculated only when the form is opened but no, they are dynamic and will change as you change information in your form.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ok, so, it seems that we cannot use an automation to update a column value of a row that you are creating right in that moment.

The best course of action is to define your formula in the “Initial Value” field.
I had the impression that “Initial Value” formulas where calculated only when the form is opened but no, they are dynamic and will change as you change information in your form.

Take initial value as an AppFormula that dies after save

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For reference:

Top Labels in this Space