Failed to create shortcut

I’m trying to add shortcuts for some apps on Honeywell devices and get the message:
Failed to create shortcut.
Make sure device has internet connectivity.

I’ve seen in another post it may be the image, so I changed it to an appsheet icon and still get the same message.
It’s a png, so should work ok and the shortcut does get created on some devices, but not on most.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this please?
Thanks

0 6 1,139
6 REPLIES 6

Wow! I didn’t even know Honeywell made phones.

What operating system are they running?

Have you tried using the browser link to confirm that the app does run on the device?

Honeywell make some rugged devices to use in warehouses. They’ll definitely drop them
It’s on Android.
The apps work, but I have to go through Appsheet and shared apps to open it.
I just want a shortcut so they can choose the app they need easily as we have a few different apps they use in the warehouse.

I’m not familiar with Androids. I presume you are using the “Add Shortcut” menu option from within the app?

I’ll ask the obvious question, does the device have a good Internet connection at the time you are trying to add the shortcut?

Have you tried adding a shortcut to the home screen for any other web page on that device? This will help determine if its a device specific problem or an AppSheet problem.

It might be a good idea to also send the question to support@appsheet.com. I have seen other posts with the same issue on other Android devices but have not yet seen a specific cause or resolution.

Lastly, just as an FYI in case you are not aware, AppSheet does have the concept of an App Launcher app. It is very easy to establish and would allow you to bundle all the apps under a single shortcut.

Of course you would still need to able to add a shortcut in the first place!

Yep, that’s what I’m pressing.
It does have connection.
I created a shortcut by sending the invite email and clicking on that.
I’ll email them as you’re right, there doesn’t seem to be a solution or reason on here.

I might do the app launcher.
I haven’t because that has to sync first, then the app they choose has to sync, so when shortcuts worked that felt easier.
But saying that I need to add shortcuts to very new device when we get them, so I might do the launcher and see how quick it is.
At least i can email the link to do the shortcut to each user.

Thanks for your help.

To clarify, you CAN create the shortcut through the invite email but NOT using the “Add Shortcut” menu option? Do I understand that correctly?

yeah that’s correct

Top Labels in this Space