Faulty table selection

Hi,

I created a slice called "Prepare Attendees" based on the "Attendees" table. So I changed the "Attendees" backreference in the "Meet" table to REF_ROWS("Prepare Attendees", "Meet") to limit the columns viewed to those in the slice.. This worked perfect doing the same with the "Topics" table. For some or other reason when I add or view a row from the "Attendees" in the detail or form view, it keeps drawing from the original Attendees table and not the Prepare Attendees table. I tried changing the formula to a SELECT but it makes no difference. It is as if there is no Prepare Attendees slice.

Solved Solved
0 5 103
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi  @Hyman_van_Zyl 

I suggest you change the Source table from the "Reference Table Name" field.

You'll get it here, by clicking on the blue pen attached to your column (it's an example from one of my apps)

Aurelien_2-1643637543840.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi  @Hyman_van_Zyl 

I suggest you change the Source table from the "Reference Table Name" field.

You'll get it here, by clicking on the blue pen attached to your column (it's an example from one of my apps)

Aurelien_2-1643637543840.png

Thank you, both of you : ), dont know how I missed that.

Could you check if you have changed the slice name "Prepare Attendees" in the highlighted setting below of the rev reference column?

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1643637619831.png

Hi @Aurelien ,

The timestamps of our posts are identical. Of course you were faster by seconds ๐Ÿ™‚

Earlier we used to know, if someone is responding, so we could possibly wait.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar You are correct, I didn't noticed you were writing at the same time ! I thought it was just a lack of attention from my part.

Another possible improvement @AndrewB  ?

Top Labels in this Space