Favicon Chrome OS issue

Favicon for my pinned Appsheet apps mostly does not show in Chrome OS.  Other pinned websites works great.  It usually shows the appsheet logo, or the first letter, and rarely the applied icon on some apps.

In Windows they show (mostly) when pinned.

What could the problem be? Icon size? Little tolerance on image format variation? Incomplete favicon setup on appsheet's side?

0 7 453
7 REPLIES 7

Also Appsheet apps in Google Admin that are force added to chrome os does not show the custom icons only the standard Appsheet icon. 

Ratatosk_1-1648446555359.png

But in Chrome OS one of the custom icons show... (Second last)

Screenshot 2022-03-28 07.52.26.png

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm an engineer on the app runtime team.

Based on your first screenshot, it seems like the user isn't logged in when the pinned app gets added. That's always going to get the generic background, because the client can't get the logo URL without authentication. For the one app whose favicon is working, did you install it through the same mechanism?

I'm not overly familiar with ChromeOS administration, but I'd guess force installs happen before you get a chance to log in. I can file a bug for this and look in a little further, but I'm not sure what we can do about it in the near term.

Hi @Former Community Member and thank you for highlighting this.

Makes sense that force installed probably does as you describe.

Both are forced installed apps on the screenshot in the first post. On a Acer Chromebook. However I probably added the one of them manually first, before removing it after changing to force install.

(The second rightmost). 

On another computer this happens (Chrome OS Flex):

Ratatosk_0-1649134997874.png

On the Acer chromebook with another user logged in it's the new Appsheet icons, and some other icons does not appear properly:

Ratatosk_1-1649136190421.png

Here's hoping Google admin guys could add a custom icon path option! ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™

(or that chrome os refreshes icons regularly)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

Experiencing the same issue - all deployed AppSheet apps show with the same logo/description ("Login - AppSheet")

tombomb_0-1651524843667.png

I installed ChromeOS Flex and didn't experience the bug.

If you save the app as a shortcut using chromium's function for that after the app is completely loaded, you shouldn't have problems

That's fine, but we are experiencing it when they are deployed  to users/groups through Google admins force install tools.

Top Labels in this Space