File Name Prefix creates multiple folders if a date is included

Hello everyone,

I have a Form that is used as a contract. The most important fields for this topic are [Serie Scurta] (serial number) and [Data].
When this form is completed, an automation bot creates a PDF and stores it a folder based on the [Serie Scurta] field. The file name should be "Contract de Comodat - [Serie Scurta] [Data]" so I used this formula:

concatenate("Contract de Comodat - ",[Serie Scurta]," ",[Data])

This part works if I don't include the [Data] field, the file is stored correctly here:
appfolders/[Serie Scurta]/file.pdf

But if I include the [Data] field, the path where the PDF is stores changes to:
appfolder/Serie Scurta(folder)/"Contract de Comodat - Serie Scurta month"(folder)/"day"(folder)/year.pdf

eg:
[Serie Scurta] = BRB - 005
[Data] = 04/19/2023

The file is stored like this:
appfolder/BRB-005/Contract de Comodat - BRB - 005 04/18/2023.pdf
The file name contains only the year, not the entire name that I wanted for the file.

I have 2 different Date columns, one is default, but the format is set to mm/dd and I needed dd/mm so I created a virtual column and used this formula to change it to dd/mm: text([Data],"dd/mm/yyyy")

Unfortunately, I tried with both Date columns and nothing changed.
Can you please point me in the right direction here?

Thank you in advance!

Solved Solved
0 3 977
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe the automation detects the forward slash (/) in the date as an input to create another subfolder.

Please try some different date format such as CONCATENATE("Contract de Comodat - ",[Serie Scurta]," ",TEXT([Data], "DD-MM-YYYY"))

or alternatively

CONCATENATE("Contract de Comodat - ",[Serie Scurta]," ",TEXT([Data], "DDMMYYYY"))

or alternatively

CONCATENATE("Contract de Comodat - ",[Serie Scurta]," ",TEXT([Data], "DDMMMYYYY"))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I believe the automation detects the forward slash (/) in the date as an input to create another subfolder.

Please try some different date format such as CONCATENATE("Contract de Comodat - ",[Serie Scurta]," ",TEXT([Data], "DD-MM-YYYY"))

or alternatively

CONCATENATE("Contract de Comodat - ",[Serie Scurta]," ",TEXT([Data], "DDMMYYYY"))

or alternatively

CONCATENATE("Contract de Comodat - ",[Serie Scurta]," ",TEXT([Data], "DDMMMYYYY"))

Thanks, that worked.
I tried this before, but I think I changed the format somewhere else that's why it didn't work then ๐Ÿ˜„

You are welcome.

Top Labels in this Space