File naming based on Google Sheet and automated routing to folder based on filename

I'm new to Google Workspace and AppSheet. I need to rename incoming files based on selections for a Google Sheet table. These selections result in a filename convention. The resulting file name would then be a trigger telling the file which subfolder to route that file to.  Is this something AppSheet can do and if so, can anyone please point me in the right direction? For instance, if the incoming file was from California the file name would be changed from something generic to application-ca-date and then go to the California file. 

Solved Solved
0 2 144
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Someone else please correct me if I am wrong but AppSheet is best with sorting files into google drive when the report is generated from within the app. If you are trying to sort files in a more complicated path method besides "all in this folder" then I recommend looking into a zapier bot to do that for you. 

Craig 

QREW Technologies

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Someone else please correct me if I am wrong but AppSheet is best with sorting files into google drive when the report is generated from within the app. If you are trying to sort files in a more complicated path method besides "all in this folder" then I recommend looking into a zapier bot to do that for you. 

Craig 

QREW Technologies

Thanks for the advice, Craig. ๐Ÿ‘

Top Labels in this Space