File not found issue for files generated using workflow

I am trying to create a workflow that will create a pdf from a given template and then open the same file in-app. But I am getting a โ€œFile not foundโ€ issue when open a file.

Error Trace:

@Steve Can please help me here? I am not getting whatโ€™s wrong.

0 5 712
5 REPLIES 5

Workflow setting:

File path on drive:

Formula for PDF path:

When a PDF is generated and saved and you do not specify a path, there is a default folder used to place the file into.

You will need to insert that folder path value into the sheetโ€™s PDF column value. E.g. the PDF column value in the sheet should be something like:

Folder Path/Invoice_9a176442.pdf

Additionally, you havenโ€™t mentioned HOW you are saving the PDF filename value into the sheet. If you are using the PDF app column - shown in the last post - in some way, then you will want to also include the Path info there. You can do that in 1 of 2 ways:

1. Update the โ€œImage/File folder pathโ€ value to the path name - e.g. simply โ€œFolder Pathโ€
  2. OR you can include the folder path into the concatenate statement like this:
CONCATENATE("Folder Path/Invoice_", [Invoice].[ID]. ".pdf")

Thanks, @WillowMobileSystems But the solution didnโ€™t work. So I have done a workaround with the google app script. I have created a template in google sheet itself and using google app script to create pdf. Generated file and location is matching to hence it works.

Top Labels in this Space