Fill more rows

Hello,

I have a list in my appsheet like this
overzicht.png

I have made an enum for the last 2 collumns.
Menu.png
Is it possible to drag it down or something so if I selected 1 like this in spreadsheet?
Spreadsheet.png

I hope you understand what i mean.

Solved Solved
0 5 131
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kooiker wrote:

This is what I have, you see the QuickEdit mode.

Ah--maybe you're referencing an AppSheet app Table view with QuickEdit mode enabled. I've never used that but, AFAIK, there's no equivalent to spreadsheet apps' "fill down" functionality.

If helpful, you could create an action that allows the user to select a single value (e.g., using the INPUT function) that's then applied to multiple rows. There are a couple techniques to consider for determining the multiple rows.

In some views, e.g., Deck, a user can simply select multiple rows and then select an action that will be performed on the selected rows.

In a Table view, you could create an action with its prominence property set to "overlay". In this case, you'd need a mechanism within the action to define the rows to which it should be applied. If you don't have that already (e.g., all the rows included in a slice that your view shows), you could add a Yes/No column to the table that allows the user to (de)select each row (potentially also via an action); then, your aggregate action could be applied to all rows where that field is Yes, and it could be part of a grouped action that, if desired, ends with toggling that field back to No.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Kooiker wrote:

I hope you understand what i mean.

Not really.

In case it's helpful: You can always populate data directly in your data source--e.g., an AppSheet Database table or a spreadsheet. If your data source doesn't support the equivalent of "fill down" functionality, try copying/pasting data.

voorbeeld.png
Now I want to fill the column quick and not click every box singly.
In my spreadsheat i can drag it down what you see below.
Spreadsheet.png

@Kooiker wrote:

Ah--maybe you're referencing an AppSheet app Table view with QuickEdit mode enabled. I've never used that but, AFAIK, there's no equivalent to spreadsheet apps' "fill down" functionality.

If helpful, you could create an action that allows the user to select a single value (e.g., using the INPUT function) that's then applied to multiple rows. There are a couple techniques to consider for determining the multiple rows.

In some views, e.g., Deck, a user can simply select multiple rows and then select an action that will be performed on the selected rows.

In a Table view, you could create an action with its prominence property set to "overlay". In this case, you'd need a mechanism within the action to define the rows to which it should be applied. If you don't have that already (e.g., all the rows included in a slice that your view shows), you could add a Yes/No column to the table that allows the user to (de)select each row (potentially also via an action); then, your aggregate action could be applied to all rows where that field is Yes, and it could be part of a grouped action that, if desired, ends with toggling that field back to No.

Thank you so much.
I made now an action "Data: set the values of some columns in this row"
But it isn't possible to get an textbox to fill in free text or an enum, right?

@dbaum wrote:

using the INPUT function

Top Labels in this Space