Filter By Year, Quarter

Hello, 

I have a production table with the production dates, is there a way or workaround I can create a filter like by quarter, by year?

Solved Solved
0 2 352
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You could have two VCs or real columns depending on how users update the date in your table, .one called [Production Year] with an expression TEXT([Production Date],"YYYY") for year and another one called [Production Quarters] with an expression such as 

IFS ( MONTH([Production Date]) <4, "Q1", 

MONTH([Production Date]) <7, "Q2", 

MONTH([Production Date]) <10, "Q3", 

MONTH([Production Date]) >=10, "Q4",)

You could then use filter option in the search bar to filter by Production Year and/or  Production Quarter columns.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1666329710669.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1666329847712.png

For filtering by quarter in a specific year, the dual filter of year and quarter columns can be used by the user.

Edit: You could also use these columns to group the records by Year and then quarter in the summary views such as table and deck view.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1666330738832.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You could have two VCs or real columns depending on how users update the date in your table, .one called [Production Year] with an expression TEXT([Production Date],"YYYY") for year and another one called [Production Quarters] with an expression such as 

IFS ( MONTH([Production Date]) <4, "Q1", 

MONTH([Production Date]) <7, "Q2", 

MONTH([Production Date]) <10, "Q3", 

MONTH([Production Date]) >=10, "Q4",)

You could then use filter option in the search bar to filter by Production Year and/or  Production Quarter columns.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1666329710669.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1666329847712.png

For filtering by quarter in a specific year, the dual filter of year and quarter columns can be used by the user.

Edit: You could also use these columns to group the records by Year and then quarter in the summary views such as table and deck view.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1666330738832.png

This works for me! THANK YOU!

Top Labels in this Space