Filter Data/Slicing

Hi All,

My App has Four Tables:-

1. Driver Login
2. Admin Login
3. Jobs
4. Driver

I Wish to Make a Slice if user logged in into the App then they can only see the Pending and active jobs related to them.

Kindly help.

0 1 37
1 REPLY 1

A great question and there are a few ways to do it. So one is in security filters but you asked for a slice so I can tell you that way instead. One piece of advice I have is I do not use a login table instead I have a user table and tell the sheet if each user is a worker or an admin. Then anything that is admin only I enter in the show if column ANY(SELECT(User[Role],USEREMAIL()=[email]))="ADMIN"

So if you are making a slice I would try something like this. 

A slice for the jobs table can be [DriverID]=ANY(Select(Driver[ID],[Driveremail]=USEREMIAL()))

Now it is sometimes hard to see this if you are attempting to put in your column names here. If you send a screenshot of the column headers for your four tables I could help more and make sure it is clear. 

If I may suggest a few helpful resources, I do not know how new you are to AppSheet or the community but a great place to go that has resources both for free and for purchase is appsheettraining.com I encourage you to check it out. They also have a youtube channel for free access. Here is a playlist they made that is for beginners Beginner playlist 

If you are more advanced and already know these things, then you can skip them. Also I do not know your experience level so if this is rude please forgive me. 

Craig

QREW Technologies

Top Labels in this Space