Filter at start up to show nothing.

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

Follow up question, to this post!

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Can-I-have-these-Filter-types-in-the-header/td-...

So my whole purpose for such request would be to;

Of course swift through filters quickly and access to the information I want to know quickly,

but ALSO to filter out all the information at start up.

Is there a way to start up on a blank piece of sheet? 

And make it so that until you filter and press "Search", AppSheet won't get any information at start up? Or is this some nonsense idea?

Solved Solved
0 4 134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing your background.

Again something similar to what you want is all possible using the filter technique used in the demo app if you really need to do that.

The dashboard would have two windows, one filter, the other material info.

You can also control the dropdown list order by using SORT, ORDERBY, etc, perhaps together with 'master' tables such as COLROS, CATEGORIES, SUPLLIERS with order by column (if not just alphabetically).

At the risk of offending AppSheet enthusiasts, I have used Data Studio to provide a material search solution which is much more strait forward if all you want is just filtering.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Curious,

What sort of information did you have in mind?

EDITED:

It is possible by using a dashboard like this. (there could be other ways also..)

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/How-to-search-with-a-Slice--Dashboard?appGuidString=7e3e1bed-6576...

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

@TeeSee1 

Well at the moment, it's just a simple index for material app.

It has about 8000 materials, each having a;

โ€ข ID

โ€ข Material Name

โ€ข Color (what kind of color the material is)

โ€ข Supplier Name

โ€ข Unit Price

โ€ข Minimum Order Quantity

โ€ข Unit of Measure

โ€ข Category 1 (if it's a Sample Product or a Mass Prod. Product)

โ€ข Category 2 (if it's a Special Order, or Continuous Prod.)

โ€ข Category 3 (if it's intact or a defect product)

โ€ข Material Category (textile, leather etc..)

I would also like to Alphabetically sort my filters as well.

But the Filter inside the Search just gives me by the order it is in, in my Spreadsheet.

Thanks for sharing your background.

Again something similar to what you want is all possible using the filter technique used in the demo app if you really need to do that.

The dashboard would have two windows, one filter, the other material info.

You can also control the dropdown list order by using SORT, ORDERBY, etc, perhaps together with 'master' tables such as COLROS, CATEGORIES, SUPLLIERS with order by column (if not just alphabetically).

At the risk of offending AppSheet enthusiasts, I have used Data Studio to provide a material search solution which is much more strait forward if all you want is just filtering.

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

@TeeSee1 

Thank you sir, will look into the demo app and Data Studio!

Top Labels in this Space