Filter on dashboard while also having a detail view feature gone?

Can't seem to replicate my old setup, where I could have a Table View AND a Detail View of that table in a dashboard, and still being able to filter the table view. No Slices involved. Straight from the table.

Ratatosk_0-1643653122434.png

Ratatosk_2-1643653249144.png

Solved Solved
0 5 504
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If by filtering the table you mean you could search something on the "search bar" of the app, you can, and it won't affect the Detail View until you click the row from the table.

Now, if you want to use filters, you can't use them on Dashboard view. Your best option is to open the table view on "full screen" (so no Dashboard view anymore) and the filtering options will be available at the top.

Actually I don't remember that we could filter on Dashboard views. Since dashboards can have a lot of other views, it doesn't seem right to have filters there, although I get that for some use cases it seems like a good feature but I don't imagine how the AppSheet team could be able to do that on the backend

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I don't understand.  Can you show us in your running app what is missing?

If by filtering the table you mean you could search something on the "search bar" of the app, you can, and it won't affect the Detail View until you click the row from the table.

Now, if you want to use filters, you can't use them on Dashboard view. Your best option is to open the table view on "full screen" (so no Dashboard view anymore) and the filtering options will be available at the top.

Actually I don't remember that we could filter on Dashboard views. Since dashboards can have a lot of other views, it doesn't seem right to have filters there, although I get that for some use cases it seems like a good feature but I don't imagine how the AppSheet team could be able to do that on the backend

Hey!  Looks like you are back to full swing now!  Welcome back!!

@SkrOYCx 

I had it for some time working on a project. It does not work anymore however.

It would be great if we could pick one table to be filtered when on dashboard. This would be especially useful with the Table/Detail dashboards.

On an app (my biggest one/44 tables) I have 17 Dashboard views with the same config. Table/Deck/Gallery/Card with Detail View so for sure I'd take benefit from filters on dashboards, but honestly it seems we have to wait 'til the new desktop UX arrives

SkrOYC_0-1643845310043.png

@WillowMobileSys I'm trying to do my best. I'm not so-into the community as before for sure. We had a call with Andrew Biernat and for sure some of the best things from Discourse won't come back. But I know it's gonna be a little bit better in the short and medium term so I'm trying to feel confortable with the things that are here and will be here eventhough I'll miss some others. Like the links previews from posts and other web pages

Top Labels in this Space