Filter out "Completed" rows from entire app

Hello,

Iโ€™m having a hard time getting my app to do what I need it to do. In our app, the schedulers input job details in to the spreadsheet which our field users then pull up on the app. (customer name, property address, phone, email, type of request, request notes, etcโ€ฆ) While they are in the field, there are 2 columns they have to complete for our office staff.

JOB STATUS which consists of โ€œIn Progressโ€, โ€œNo Work Neededโ€, โ€œInspection Completeโ€, โ€œMore Work Neededโ€, โ€œDidnโ€™t Have Materialsโ€, โ€œJob Approvedโ€, โ€œJob Completeโ€, โ€œCustomer Invoicedโ€, and โ€œWaiting for Stormโ€. The next column is NEXT STEPS which consists of โ€œNotify Customerโ€, โ€œSend Estimateโ€, โ€œAwaiting Approvalโ€, โ€œComplete Workโ€, โ€œSend Invoiceโ€ and โ€œFinished/ Close Accountโ€.

Here is where I am struggling: Once a field user has marked the JOB STATUS as either โ€œInspection Completeโ€ or โ€œJob Completeโ€, I need the entire job to disappear from the app. I can not seem to figure out how to filter OUT certain rows. I understand Show if values, but how does it work if you DONโ€™T want a particular value to show?

Also, Iโ€™m needing this across the entire app, not just certain views so Iโ€™m getting hung up on that as well.

The goal is that our office personnel will see when an inspection or job has been completed, because we have filters set on our spreadsheet. They can finish invoicing from the office. But my field users are irritated because they have to keep looking at the same jobs that they have already completed and itโ€™s starting to annoy them.

One work around I gave them until I could get this figured out is to change the โ€œAssigned Toโ€ from their own name to โ€œDoneโ€. And the only reason that is working for now is because I have views set up for each user, to display only jobs โ€œAssigned Toโ€ their name. This has proven to be a bit of a problem though because once they are back in the office and they want to check on something from the spreadsheet, they canโ€™t just pull up everything that has ever been assigned to them, since a lot of them have been changed to Done. If anyone has any suggestions to fix that as well, I sure would appreciate it.

Basically, my field users want to see only new jobs in the app. But when they are in the office, they use the filters Iโ€™ve created on the google sheet, to work further on each job. They just donโ€™t want to see those jobs on the app after theyโ€™ve completed an inspection.

I hope this makes sense and I hope someone can help me come up with a better solution! Thank you in advance for any help!

0 4 248
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Dunrite
Have you checked out Slices and Security Filters?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For reference:

I did try slices but I guess I donโ€™t know what Iโ€™m doing. I could only figure out how to get it to SHOW something instead of showing all BUT the 2 fields I donโ€™t want shown. How do I have it show all rows that DONโ€™T include the word โ€œCompleteโ€ in the JOB STATUS column?

Top Labels in this Space