Filter return value other than key

Hi,

I have a question to select the names of all crew members on site. This is a list that has a bass type of ref.

I have this filtered so the foreman can only select crew members under them.

The issue is, this is returning the key value of the crew members and I need their names to populate on a report that is automated.

How can I get each of the name values separated by a " ; " for my report?Appsheet Filter.pngColumn Type.png

Solved Solved
0 7 278
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to use different approach than dereference as you are using Enumlist column type. You can use something like..

SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(SELECT(Crew Members[Name],IN([KeyColumn],[_THISROW].[Names of all crew members]))),",",";")

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

In your report, use a Dereference expression to get the values of the Name column. i.e. [key col].[name col]

The formula in your report should be [Name of all crew members][Column Name For the Name Of the Crew in the Crew Members Table]

The report won't fire when I put in <<[Names of all crew members:].[First Name]>> on the report. 

You need to use different approach than dereference as you are using Enumlist column type. You can use something like..

SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(SELECT(Crew Members[Name],IN([KeyColumn],[_THISROW].[Names of all crew members]))),",",";")

Thank you!!!! I made a virtual column with this info and it worked!

You're welcome! Though you don't need to use virtual column. You can use the same formula directly on your report.

Top Labels in this Space