Filter row condition between columns of two tables do not work (begginer)

Hi everyone. 

I'm currently facing an issue with my first app, and after hours of trying to resolve it, I did not find why my filter do not work. 

GFormMLH_0-1656061967679.png

GFormMLH_1-1656062021045.png

I have two tables and I want to slice the first table based on the value of the 2nd column. 

First table is QUAL FORM 01[Code chantier :] (it's actually longer but it's for your understanding

Second table is Selection[Code chantier :]

Both are Text type. The formula i'm using is : 

QUAL FORM 01[CODE CHANTIER (voir sur le plan de contrôle) :] = Selection[Code chantier :]

I'm a begginer in AppSheet, can you please guide me to find a solution ? 

0 3 108
3 REPLIES 3

One detail to fix is that, according to your screenshots, one of your CODE columns is Yes/No while the other is Text. 

Hi dbaum. I proceed with the modifications but the filter still do not work 😕 Still, thank you for the suggestion.

Another detail to fix is that what your expression actually compares.

The slice's filter expression evaluates each row from the slice's table. So the first part of the expression you posted references the value from one column in one row (i.e., QUAL FORM 01[Code chantier]). The second part of your expression references the entire list of values from the other table's column (i.e., Selection[Code chantier]); that result will never be true since one value doesn't equal an entire list--a single value and a list of values are not even the same data type.

Maybe what you mean to evaluate is whether the each row's [Code chantier] from your QUAL FORM 01 table is in the list of [Code chantier] values from the Selection table. Following is that expression. Also, see IN() - AppSheet Help

IN([Code chantier], Selection[Code chantier])

Also, it seems likely that you would benefit from linking these columns to create a systematic reference between the tables.

Top Labels in this Space