Filtering a dropdown

Pulling my hair out day, so any help would be appriecated

I have 2 tables, the first is a table of people the second is a table of holidays that people have booked which have a start date and end date.

When I want to book works for them I want a dropdown (based on names in table 1) only to show those that are available and not on holiday for todays date.

Thanks

0 5 109
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @bradley_davis1, do you have a list of all posible dates that can be booked? that way we could filter those that are available.

I assume thereโ€™s a reference between the table of people and the table of holidays?

Hi, the first table is a list of users

3X_e_3_e3bb39f8c0798682055bbefaa43da7c704595343.jpeg

Then the second table is a list of holidays they have booked.

I then want a drop down to lookup the list of users, taking out those who are on holiday today.

Thanks

This on suggested values and buttons or stack config:

FILTER(
  "NAMEOFTHEUSERSTABLE",
  AND(
    [START HOLIDAY FROM]<=TODAY(),
    [LAST DAY OF HOLIDAY]>=TODAY()
  )
)

You could use the same on Valid_If but if the user is no longer on holiday you wonโ€™t be able to edit that record

Edit: This wonโ€™t work, check my next reply

I didnโ€™t see that
You figured it out anyway, list substraction is one solution.

But I see A problem:

• You are not using the foreign key on the โ€œholidaysโ€ table. You should point to the users table and save itโ€™s key, not the name. The column [Emp Name] should be configured as Ref or Enum basetype Ref and point to the users table.

You want to make sure that when you enter a record on the Holidays table the users available are just the ones that are not in holidays? After changing the things mentioned before, change your expression just a bit:

USERSTABLE[KEYCOLUMN]
-
SELECT(
  HOLIDAYRECORD[EMB NAME],
  AND(
    [START HOLIDAY FROM]<=TODAY(),
    [LAST DAY OF HOLIDAY]>=TODAY()
  )
)

As you can see, the change is just on the first list expression, pointing to the key instead of the name.
Hope this helps

Ok just managed to solve it, thanks to those who replied

users[name]-select(holiday record[emp name], and([start holiday from] <= today(),[last day of holiday] >= today()))

Top Labels in this Space