Find all rows where Row ID is in an EnumList

I see a lot of posts around this subject, but none seem to answer this specific question. I'll try to be as specific as I can, but I'm still reasonably new to AppSheet. 

I'm using AppSheet to start managing our inventory. We store our inventory in a second location, and transfer inventory daily. We need to keep track of when inventory is moved between our Warehouse and our Main Factory. I created an "Inventory Transfers" table in my AppSheet database. It takes an EnumList of "Lumber to Transfer." This EnumList is populated with all the lifts of Lumber in the Lumber table.

Here's the current data in the table:

jb007_0-1701024784716.png

The ID's in the Lumber to Transfer column seem to be the Row ID's from the Lumber Table. When a user goes to the detail tab for a lift of Lumber, how can I fetch all items in that Inventory Transfers table that have the ID of that "Lift" in a "Lumber to Transfer" column?

0 3 210
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, 

This has been asked several times, but I think everyone articulate this issue in several ways and thus can't find the answer. I don't know if there's a relevant thread in tips and tricks either, I'll try to look for one. 

__

1. What you can do is create in Lumber table an Enumlist column of base type text that i'll name [LinkedTransfer]. 

2. Then create a second column, virtual, set it as List of ref with the formula [LinkedTransfer], and reference to the table "Inventory Transfers".

3. In the enumlist, you can construct the formula to select  the list of rows, then concatenate them into text, with a formula like this  : 

concatenate(select(Inventory Transfers[Row ID],contains([Limber to Transfer],[_THISROW].[Limber])))

**i called the column Limber but change it to your relevant column, the one in Limber table where  values are the one contained in Limber to transfer column.

It should return as : 

baba_sawane_0-1700578738795.png

โ€ƒ

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Getting-virtual-column-count-of-using-table-key...

If you encounter any issue with this, share a pic (same as in your thread) of your Lumber table. Hope it helps !

Bingo - that is perfect. I'm not sure of the rules on the forum, and I might need to start another post for this. When they click on one of the inventory transfers, it opens up a page with the values from the Inventory Transfers table (Date, Lumber Moved, Sheet Goods moved). Can I make the values in the EnumList (e.g. the Lumber to Transfer) list clickable? That would allow users to look at all the lifts moved on a certain day, click one of the lifts, to open up the detail for that lift

Well, I think what you are asking is precisely what I'm describing in the point 2. in my answer.

>2. Then create a second column, virtual, set it as List of ref with the formula [LinkedTransfer] (the enumlist) , and set the reference to the table "Inventory Transfers".

That column shall return as showed in my screenshot. 

Top Labels in this Space