Finding a column value from a table based on selected values

Hi
In a form, I am using a valid_if dropdown to select a material type, Stock[Type] then a dependent dropdown using another valif_if to show a description specific to that material type. Stock[Description]
I am using another valid_if to display the Cost of the select material type and item. Stock[Cost]
That all works fine - I now have those 3 items showing in my form.
I am using another valid_if to display the quantity available Stock[Stock Available] but that is not working because AppSheet is not able to figure out what I am looking for based on the previous 3 items selected.
Is there a way to show the Stock Available quantity from the Stock table for the above Stock Type, Description and Cost

Solved Solved
0 4 174
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4

I would investigate references, this will allow you to connect your tables together and then you can do reference information from one to the next.

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible to give me an example of the syntax for a reference expression? - I can then try it.
I want to get the Qty from the [stock availability] column in the Stock Table for a Specific [Type] and [Description] that I just selected in the previous Dropdown and dependent. dropdown.
Thank you in advance

Thanks, Steve - I will follow those links

Top Labels in this Space