Finish view after using LINKTOFORM

Situation: I am updating a property inspection app. I have just changed it so that multiple images can be added to the same property using LINKTOFORM action on form save, passing the PropertyInspectionId forward. Because I'm using LINKTOFORM, the Finish view is being overridden. So eventually, when the user has finished adding images and cancels the form, the app navigates all the way back to the Properties_List instead of the individual Property_Detail.

Problem: This will make it difficult for the user because they now have to scroll through the list, find the property they were looking at, and re-open it to add the rating, notes, and complete the inspection. 

Question: From my research there does not seem to be a way to navigate based on whether the form was canceled. Is there a way to set the finish view when using LINKTOFORM? I've also been trying to add an action using LINKTOROW to try to get back to the Property_Detail, but I have not had any luck. 

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions! 

Solved Solved
0 6 236
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I ended up using, Grouped Action: Execute a sequence of actions in a specific order.

Action 1) LINKTOFORM("Images", "PropertyInspectionId", [PropertyInspectionId])

Action 2) LINKTOROW([PropertyInspectionId].[Id], "Properties_Detail")

I added a confirmation message to the first action, 'Add additional Image?'
If yes, a new image form with the same PropertyInspectionId is opened. If no, navigate back to the Property_Detail.

I found this method was the most user friendly and intuitive. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Have you thought to add a question to your form view "Do you want to take more photos"? If yes, trigger the LINKTOFORMVIEW() and if not, trigger LINKTOROW(). 

Thank you, @AleksiAlkio, great idea!

Is it possible to use a VC for an Enum? I don't want to add another column to my database, if possible, but I'm not sure what the App formula should be.

"=[_THIS]" is the only formula not giving me an error...

addienaon_0-1695922724391.png

I have also tried, unsuccessfully, using a REF with a VC...

addienaon_1-1695923142721.pngaddienaon_2-1695923175629.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You need to use normal column as the user needs to select it.

I found this helpful post: Navigate to View based on Value Added 

I created a column in my database for the Enum type button options.

addienaon_0-1695950126386.png

Here is my target action in the expression triggered by form save. 

IFS([_THISROW].[FormNavigation]='Add Image',
LINKTOFORM("Images", "PropertyInspectionId", [PropertyInspectionId])
,[_THISROW].[FormNavigation]="No, I'm Finished",
LINKTOROW([PropertyInspectionId].[Id], "Properties_Detail")
)

I ended up using, Grouped Action: Execute a sequence of actions in a specific order.

Action 1) LINKTOFORM("Images", "PropertyInspectionId", [PropertyInspectionId])

Action 2) LINKTOROW([PropertyInspectionId].[Id], "Properties_Detail")

I added a confirmation message to the first action, 'Add additional Image?'
If yes, a new image form with the same PropertyInspectionId is opened. If no, navigate back to the Property_Detail.

I found this method was the most user friendly and intuitive. 

Excellent!

Top Labels in this Space